Honored Contributor

Moving Music Between an Flash Drive and Samsung Tablet

I have some music from I tunes on a flash drive but I have no clue how to move it to my Sumsung Tablet, I tried for about 2 hours last night with no luck, any ideas 

thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Moving Music Between an Flash Drive and Samsung Tablet

What did you try? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox

Hmmm? Not familiar with what type of files are on anything with the letter "i". Did you move them to your computer? Never plugged my Android tablets into a computer so not sure they show up as an external drive. If they do I don't see why I couldn't move(drag/drop/cut or copy paste) files from 1 drive to another.

Not much help since I know nothing about anything "i", and have never tried moving a flash/thumb drive contact to another device.

Call in @gardenman he probably knows all this stuff.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox

Hmmm? Not familiar with what type of files are on anything with the letter "i". Did you move them to your computer? Never plugged my Android tablets into a computer so not sure they show up as an external drive. If they do I don't see why I couldn't move(drag/drop/cut or copy paste) files from 1 drive to another.

Not much help since I know nothing about anything "i", and have never tried moving a flash/thumb drive contact to another device.

@Call in @gardenman he probably knows all this stuff.

hckynut(john)

I do not connect my Samsung devices to my computer. I tried once to connect my phone to my computer, and it was not pretty. I use cloud storage.

The OP needs to give folks more information about the files she wants to move. So someone can help.

Honored Contributor

Music files from my I mac and I tunes, the Mac does not speak the same "language" as the Samsung. I can see the files on the flash drive on the Samsung but I do not know the mechanics to move them to the tablet

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox

hckynut(john)

I do not connect my Samsung devices to my computer. I tried once to connect my phone to my computer, and it was not pretty. I use cloud storage.

The OP needs to give folks more information about the files she wants to move. So someone can help.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg

A million thanks I was able to move the music this moring my DH is one happy guy

@Nuttmeg wrote:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/how-transfer-music-files-android-smartphones-tablet...

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

Glad that @Nuttmeg was able to give you the answer that worked for you. She is very knowledgeable, and fortunately, willing to share and help those that visit this forum. Nothing better than having a happy DH, yes?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Music files from my I mac and I tunes, the Mac does not speak the same "language" as the Samsung. I can see the files on the flash drive on the Samsung but I do not know the mechanics to move them to the tablet

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox

hckynut(john)

That's actually not true. Here is a site that lists the file types for various samsung galaxy devices

https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-converter-how-to/supported-video-format-for-samsung-galaxy.htm

IOS and OSX are compatible with a ton of files types including mp3, AAC, wav, m4a among others

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval