Respected Contributor

@Venezia , I, too, would like a repeated alert, but my last phone didn’t have it either. For whatever reason, companies have decided that that is something we don’t need or want. I wish they would leave the feature on the phone with a way to turn it on or off, so people could have it if they wish. I’ve had a lot of tracfones, and this is my favorite one yet! Love the fingerprint sensor and many other things about it, so if you think you could live without repeated text notifications, this would be a good one to get.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg- The repeat alert feature used to have a choice of "never" so, if you didn't want it to happen, you just chose that.

That's why I don't understand why on earth they did away with it.  I'll keep the Motorola in mind though.  I'm sure it will come down in price by the time I need another phone.

My DH and I have only ever owned Tracfones and each one has been better than the last.  But losing that repeat alert feature really was a bummer.  I almost reverted to my LG Premier!

Respected Contributor

Slightly off topic, but I want to remind people of the benefit of using an answering machine with the Bluetooth sync-to-cell feature. I hate carrying my cell phone around the house. With the answering machine I just leave it in my purse and it syncs as soon as I walk in the door. Texts are announced loud and clear with the caller ID name. There is an app available so that the entire text can be read. What a great benefit for the blind.

You can use the answering machine just for your cell -- no landline needed. Absolutely one of my best electronics purchases.

Respected Contributor
I'm convinced that getting users to download apps, even free apps--with ads-- is behind a lot of these changes to native/stock apps.

And you DO have to be careful with updates, even if you disable them as I do, because some of them still do update. I've caught a few in the middle of updates, and canceled them.

For example, I was just carping about updates here a while ago, and how I was unable to edit photos years ago after an update, then noticed on the Fiesta that I could no longer choose a pic from my *own* gallery to use as an icon--I had to choose from among those in the stock phone gallery. (I'm not a fan of those pastel icons, and like to download colorful pics of phones, clocks, memo pads, photo albums, etc to use for icons, instead.) Obviously, there was an update which squeaked by.

Well that particular issue is even worse on the Stylo, because there isn't even a mechanism to change icons using their icon gallery...there ISN'T an icon gallery on the Stylo lol! It's been eliminated. And I don't want to download an icon-package app.

And they change things from simple to hard, too. For texts, the subject line *used* to be right where it belonged in the menu, and was easily accessed when texting. Well it's not there in the Stylo. It took me 3 days to find out where they'd hidden it! Why hide it?

When it comes to cell phone features, it seems that their updates often aren't improvements at all.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Motorola G 6

[ Edited ]

EDIT AND UPDATE !

Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!  I am no longer a happy camper (see original message below).  I decided to give it a try tonight, using my DH's phone to send myself some texts.  Every time I tried it, it would throw up a box saying the app (Messaging) had stopped working.  Once I closed that, it would let the text through, but no sound at all.

Finally, I got an info pop-up from Google that said this app was "for an older version of Android".  In other words, tough luck, you're stuck with our crappy new version!

I've since uninstalled it, as there's no point keeping it on my Fiesta.  So now, I either revert to my "older" phone, with no guarantees that they don't update it on there to the new version.

Or I download something like Textra, as I'd originally planned.  That seems to be the way to go now.  I'll come back and let you know how that works out.

However, ShareIt does work as I said, so that's something to know.

----------------------------

@Ainhisg- I was browsing the web last night, trying to find a solution to my LG Fiesta 2 without the repeat alert function.  I was annoyed that they did away with this since I'd had it on my LG Premier.

Well, I discovered an app called "ShareIt" that transfers apps from one phone to another and I just decided to give it a try.  And it worked!

I transferred "Messaging" from the Premier onto my Fiesta.  I've set it as my default text messenger and have now been able to set audible repeat alerts like I used to have.  Hurrah!!!  And it only took minutes to download onto ShareIt to each phone.

It works similar to the Transfer Wizard, but allows you to transfer apps.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion of the Share It app.  I will put it down on my list of things I can do to get a repeat tone for texts.

Honored Contributor

@kalina wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion of the Share It app.  I will put it down on my list of things I can do to get a repeat tone for texts.

@kalina- See the update I just made to my previous post.  I'm so fed up with Google and their antics.

Anyway, I'll see how Textra works out.  It's so stupid to have deleted the repeat alert funciton.  I'm about to go onto their site and send them some feedback!

If there are any other apps you want to transfer though, ShareIt is easy to use.

Respected Contributor
@Venizia, I thought the ShareIt app idea was interesting. But you're in for a treat because I've been using an app to repeat notifications, and it works like a charm--you might like it. It's called MISSED NOTIFICATIONS--the first one to pop up when you google "missed notifications app" (it has a teal broken circle with an arrow). It's VERY simple with no added options. You just choose the minute interval for repeats (I chose 2 minutes--it's customizable), enable a "max" number of repeats (if desired--I didn't pick this, so they repeat indefinitely, until the text is opened), then check the apps you want repeat notifications for. It simply repeats whatever sound you've set in the stock app.

So now, I just turn off the phone when I go shopping lol. The texts simply queue up as before.

Try the app; you might like it.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady- Thank you!  I'll try that for sure.  It's driving me crazy not having the repeat alerts.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady- I downloaded that app earlier today and have tested it out a few times.  It's working perfectly so far; just what I needed.

Thank you again!