Frequent Contributor

I just activated my Motor G Stylus tracfone and the phone calls are muffled. I tried to Google information but didn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem and has any idea how to fix it. Trying to avoid a call to customer service. Other than that it's a nice phone.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

I have NEVER had a cellphone with muffled sound. Probably defective. Call customer service now. It can be tricky exchanging a Tracfone that has been activated without losing minutes and data. Take a screenshot of your available minutes and data on the Tracfone website before calling anyone. You might want to deactivate the new phone and reactivate your old phone first.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moto G Stylus Tracfone

[ Edited ]

@4birds wrote:

I just activated my Motor G Stylus tracfone and the phone calls are muffled. I tried to Google information but didn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem and has any idea how to fix it. Trying to avoid a call to customer service. Other than that it's a nice phone.  Thanks

@4birds

This phone can distort calls. I did a Google search "muffle calls on a Moto G Stylus", and found something about paper. 

Frequent Contributor

Just got off the phone with tracfone and they said the phone is defective. I also called HSN and they are sending me a return label. I inquired about my minutes and tracfone assured me that I wouldn't loose any of my minutes when I transfer to a new phone. I took a screenshot of my minutes. Now I have to decide if I want another Motor or get something else.  Thanks to all.

Respected Contributor

@4birds  Good. It's so nice to cross some tasks off your to-do list. I have heard that LG is going out of the cellphone business. Too bad -- I liked them. If it's true, better not to buy that brand.

Take another screenshot just before you activate the replacement phone. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@4birds wrote:

Just got off the phone with tracfone and they said the phone is defective. I also called HSN and they are sending me a return label. I inquired about my minutes and tracfone assured me that I wouldn't loose any of my minutes when I transfer to a new phone. I took a screenshot of my minutes. Now I have to decide if I want another Motor or get something else.  Thanks to all.

@4birds

I am sorry the paper solution did not work. 

LG will leave the phone business in July 2021. QVC is still selling their Tracfones. 

I would look for another Moto with the best specs you can afford.

Tracfone Reviewer's Blog or a Google search may help you find a phone. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have a Moto G Stylus (but I'm planning to get one) and I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the phone. One of the videos showed audio settings where you can adjust the speaker output for heavier bass, voice, and multiple other settings. It's possible your phone has been set to emphasize bass or some other component of the audio spectrum instead of the range where voices are more prevalent. It could also be the phone is truly defective, but I'd play with the settings first to see if any make a difference.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

@gardenman.  I when into audio effects and selected balanced. What a difference. Made several calls and everyone agreed the sound was clear. Not sure why the tracfone rep didn't suggest this. Thanks for taking the time to research and watch the videos. Really appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

@4birds wrote:

@gardenman.  I when into audio effects and selected balanced. What a difference. Made several calls and everyone agreed the sound was clear. Not sure why the tracfone rep didn't suggest this. Thanks for taking the time to research and watch the videos. Really appreciate it.

I'm glad it helped. I've been studying that phone quite a bit and I'm lurking waiting to see if it goes on sale between now and September on one of the shopping channels. The online reviews I've seen from tech experts are very good and I love the 128 GBs of storage. One of the videos I was watching just yesterday showed the audio settings and there came your post just afterward. It was perfect timing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Motorola just rolled out a new 5G version of the Moto G Stylus. It'll be interesting to see if Tracfone offers it. It may also help knock down the price of the older Moto G Stylus as they clear them out to make way for the new ones.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!