Respected Contributor

Microsoft News Stopped Working

I have an HP laptop which has Windows 10.  Microsoft news is one of the features on the laptop and I've enjoyed reading articles since I've had the computer.

The last week or two, when I access MS news, the pictures and articles appear on one screen, but when I click on an article I want to read, the page freezes.  The article does not open, nor can I proceed to any other articles on the page.  I have to x out.

I'm only able to look at the main page of articles and see the headlines but cannot access any articles to read.  This just started on its own.  I've done nothing differently.  At first I thought it was just a glitch for a day or two, but this is now going on over a week or more.

Anyone else have an issue with this?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: Microsoft News Stopped Working

It's working fine for me. Rebooting the laptop may fix the glitch. A quick search at the Microsoft Support Community shows nothing, so this is apparently isolated to your computer. If a simple reboot doesn't work, clearing the cache may help. Their news service is web-based, so the cache could be the issue. (Probably not, but easy to check.) The Microsoft Support Community tends to get inundated when something goes wrong globally. A quick search there for "Microsoft News" brought up nothing relevant, so it's likely something with your specific computer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Microsoft News Stopped Working

@gardenman    I'm embarrassed.  I re-started my computer and wallah - it works!!

Thank you. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing