Honored Contributor

I do not have a smart phone but do have a camera that I can use to make a video...it just a short one, about 1 minute.  The idea is to have words on an index card and show each card for about 5-8 seconds....maybe 8 cards, not sure yet.

I know I can experiment but thought I could get some feed back.  Should the note cards be larger than 4x6 in size.  I can make the text fit that size or should I make the cards larger.  I want the text readable but don't want to get to close to make things look blurry...

Once I shoot the video I can  put the info on my MacBook air and upload to the site.  

Making the video on the camera was easy but I could not view it on the camera, I had to view it on my MacBook once I transferred it...not sure why it would not view on the camera, instructions were not the best.

If anyone has feed back, I'd appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

I use iMovie on my MacBook.  Take photos of whatever you want in the movie and upload them into iMovie.  You can add an audio track if you want music.  It's pretty user friendly....maybe try playing around with it.  Anytime I work on a movie and have questions, I use google and find answers.

Honored Contributor

If you  have a Mac, you really do not need your camera for what you want to do.  Use Photo Booth.  All Macs come w/this app. 

PB should be on your Dock.  If it's not there, it should be.  Otherwise, check inside your Applications folder.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@alicedee  thank you.  If I have 8 pages do you think I can turn each page into a PDF or JPG file and upload that way?  My Macbook Air will not recognize an Adobe Indesign File.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac thanks, does that mean I turn my cards into a jpg file and load into photo booth....and make the video there?

I'm self taught in  InDesign and Photoshop...not an expert but enough to do what I need for my business, but other than that...I'm lost..

Respected Contributor

Oh dear....I'm sorry, I've never done anything with photo booth.  Do you have a way to load the jpegs to your iMac?  If they are there, you open iMovie (it should be loaded on your Mac already) and you can go select those jpegs and "bring them in" to your iMovie project.  If you know how to maneuver in Photoshop, you won't have any problem learning the ropes with iMovie ...it's a very user friendly program.

I'm sure others will be able to help you more than I can....I need you sitting at the table with me, walking you through lol!

Honored Contributor

Re: Making a short video

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mz iMac thanks, does that mean I turn my cards into a jpg file and load into photo booth....and make the video there?

I'm self taught in  InDesign and Photoshop...not an expert but enough to do what I need for my business, but other than that...I'm lost..

@Mom2Dogs 

No.  Open up PB.  It's a cam & video cam among other things.

Just hold the cards up, snap a picture or take a video.  Your choice.

When done drag the photo or video onto your desktop to upload on the website.

As another poster already suggested, iMovie will work too as it has editing tools.

Photos app you can do a video slideshow, add text & music.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   Well that sounds pretty easy..thanks.  Tomorrow when I get the cards done, I'll experiment.  I have until the end of the month to submit.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee  Thanks, it would be nice to have you at the table...sometimes. am a slow learner......

and yes, I can put the jpg files on the MacBook.