Respected Contributor

I opened my calendar on my macbook air last night and everything that was on there is gone.   Does anyone have any idea how to get it back.

I did a google search but what I found didn't help.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Macbook Air Calendar Empty

Do you have a backup?  Another Apple device you can synch?

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal I experienced the same about a month ago.  The appointment at the Apple store was worthless and Apple care on the phone couldn't offer any suggestions.  We keep our life on our calendars.  No solutions or reasons why this happened.  In the years that we have used our calendars, we have never had this happen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m so sorry you’ve encountered such a worrisome problem, @Bridgegal.   That had to be a jarring surprise.   I've never experienced this in all the years I've used Apple devices, but I've heard of others seeing it in the past and usually the entries were recovered.    I have my calendar synced with iPad, iPhone, iMac, and iCloud.   I know you searched online,  but in case you didn’t see this step-by-step guide here are Apple's troubleshooting tips for all the various devices (not just iCloud).   

Take your time, review all the details one-by-one. and use the links included along the way within the steps (including the system status check, "Make sure that iCloud Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders are available," at the beginning).

“Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders”

support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521

(Copy and paste link or search for the support article title.)

Fingers crossed that you’ll find a solution and all the entries will be restored.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@glb613 

Yes, an iPhone.   It's the only reason I keep this macbook.  I'd much rather have a Chromebook.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

I opened my calendar on my macbook air last night and everything that was on there is gone.   Does anyone have any idea how to get it back.

@Bridgegal - I went through this a few years ago on my iMac.  I tried everything I could to get it back.  You tube, Apple forums, google, couldn’t find any help.

Desperate, I finally texted my nephew who works for Apple.  He texted back and said “do you have it on the right year”?  Oops.....no I didn’t. Somehow it had forwarded to the next year so it was blank.  I did everything but reinvent the wheel trying to fix it and I had it on the wrong year, so make sure to check that.  I was mortified. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal - I went thr Ugh this a few years ago on my iMac.  I tried everything I could to get it back.  You tube, Apple forums, google, couldn’t find any help.

Desperate, I finally texted my nephew who works for Apple.  He texted back and said “do you have it on the right year”?  Oops.....no I didn’t. Somehow it had forwarded to the next year so it was blank.  I did everything but reinvent the wheel trying to fix it and I had it on the wrong year, so make sure to check that.  I was mortified. 

@gidgetgh,  That’s one of the tips at the Apple.com support link.    Sometimes the fix can be so simple yet elusive, right?   Great suggestion!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal - I went thr Ugh this a few years ago on my iMac.  I tried everything I could to get it back.  You tube, Apple forums, google, couldn’t find any help.

@gidgetgh,  That’s one of the tips at the Apple.com support link.    Sometimes the fix can be so simple yet elusive, right?   Great suggestion!😊

@dooBdoo - mortified I tell you, LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Believe me, I understand, @gidgetgh!   I once called Canon tech support when my printer wouldn’t respond...  only to realize it wasn’t plugged in...  and I have a long career in tech support. (red face)   Go figure.    As the saying goes, “Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.”🙃😛

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Believe me, I understand, @gidgetgh!   I once called Canon tech support when my printer wouldn’t respond...  only to realize it wasn’t plugged in...  and I have a long career in tech support. (red face)   Go figure.    As the saying goes, “Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.”🙃😛

@dooBdoo - I’m feeling much better.  Not plugged in!  So funny.

I want to be the cool aunt to my sister’s Kids, not the is she losing it Aunt.