Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Has anyone installed this yet?  Any issues? Should I go ahead and install? TIA.  LM

I usually upgrade to the latest operating system but, I stopped because I have games I could no longer play.  It's not cost effective for software companies to create patches for older software so they will work with the latest operating system.  Only you can decide if upgrading to the latest OS is worth it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613, I don’t have any games I am worried about.  I think I will go ahead.  LM

Honored Contributor

I installed it on my iMac as soon as it became available.  Easy installation and no issues afterwards.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Installed it on my iMac.  Even with a power failure that interrupted the install process, it went fine.  Love the black bacground screen.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Quse wrote:

I don't know anything about the operating systems , but I do know from my iPhones that as the systems upgrade, eventually they stop working/ have the ability to upgrade. My ipad is so old that it can't upgrade past ios10

Not true when it comes to OS (computers).  Mobile devices (your iPhone & iPad)=iOS.

Apples & Oranges.  Both operate differently & are NOT the same.

My 2012 silver keyed MBP is still running Snow Leopard w/o any issues.  Apple stopped supporting that OS 2014.  I have no intention of upgrading to the last OS w/that model.

On my iMac, I am still running Sierra as stated in my previous posting in this thread. 

I do not own a cell phone & have no intention to getting one.

I'm gonna wait on the iPads until you can use a mouse w/it.  Not gonna hold my breath on that.

Thanks.
I realize that iPhone/iPad are different operating systems than the computers, but I was wondering if the computer systems run slower/stop functioning well when the OS becomes unsupported. I guess I didn't really clarify that, although you answered my question.

I had an IT guy tell me a while back that with Apple, you basically have to keep up with the upgrades or the security becomes compromised. I don't know if that's really true or not. Or if the patches Apple would come out with address this. I'm just really sick of Windows and I refuse to use Window 10, which is ubiquitous on every new pc

Respected Contributor

I keep getting popups on m macbook air asking me to install it but I don't know how it's different/better than what came on it in 2014 so I just click 'maybe later'.   

Is this something I should do on a macbook air?   

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal, I install updates because they fix issues in OS.  I installed Mojave and had no issues.  LM

Respected Contributor

If you install mojave do you have to have black screen or is it an option?

Esteemed Contributor

It's an option, @hennypenny.  I did not care for it.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Ah,  thank you @Sweetbay magnolia, I was afraid I would be stuck with something I didn't like. 

Otherwise are you happy with the update?--I am gun shy. Had a big crash with my last mac when I did an upgrade. Didn't  want to take any chances with my new mac.