Honored Contributor

MacBook Pro 13" Without Touch Bar vs MacBook Pro 13" With Touch Bar

I have never owned a MacBook and am considering one. I thought I was leaning towards the one with the Touch Bar but now I'm leaning towards without. I'm thinking the one without would be more user friendly for me, the other one more than I really need. I also think the battery life without the Touch Bar is probably longer. Anyone have any opinions?

Respected Contributor

Re: MacBook Pro 13" Without Touch Bar vs MacBook Pro 13" With Touch Bar

Find an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Resller near you (you can find the information on their website).  Go in and look at both.  Have someone explain the Touch Bar and how it works.  See if it's what you need or would help you.  If not, skip that feature.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2, I bought the MacBook Pro newest edition without the touch bar.  The touch bar added $1000 to the price and was not necessary IMO.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My needs and your needs may not be the same as her needs.  Then again, they might be.  That's why I suggested to her that she do some "hands on/ask questions" at an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Reseller.  Before spending ANY money, she ought to investigate and see for herself.

I have an almost-3 year old iMac.  It doesn't have a touch bar.  Were I to replace it and a touch bar were available for a new iMac, I'd head for a not-so-nearby Apple Retail Store and get some information.

Esteemed Contributor

Love my early 2011 MBPro!

What you get used to, I guess.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I don't have an Apple Store near me and my local Best Buy doesn't carry the newer models. I was also wondering if I would have to buy any adapters or charges or does it come in the box with the laptop (for what they charge you it should)?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was also wondering if I would have to buy any adapters or charges or does it come in the box with the laptop (for what they charge you it should)?

Clicky Click---> MBP

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I have used a Macbook Air for at least 6 years. I have looked at the Pro but for my needs which is nothing more then internet use I can't justify the cost. If you are using it for business, school etc. then it might warrant the price tag. I don't think I could ever go back to using a Windows OP system.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I don't have an Apple Store near me and my local Best Buy doesn't carry the newer models. I was also wondering if I would have to buy any adapters or charges or does it come in the box with the laptop (for what they charge you it should)?

@Jordan2, on the touchbar model, you have to buy at least one dongle to connect devices.  If I were going to spend this much money for a computer, I would travel to visit a store.  

I thought I wanted/needed the newest MBP but a visit to the store changed my mind.  LM