Super Contributor

MacBook Air Compatible Printer

I am running on a High Sierra 10.13.6 MacOS.  I have an HP Office Jet 4650 that no longer works.  I am trying to find a model compatible with this OS.  I am thinking of an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.  Any thoughts or concerns?  (by the way, I've talked to Apple support, been on the HP website, looked at specs, talked to Geek Squad etc - way too much time invested!)

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: MacBook Air Compatible Printer

I have two Macs and two I phones that work well with a Cannon Pixma

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Look at brother 

we had HP and While they printed OK getting them up and running with my Windows laptop was just impossible over the network and I’m pretty good with computers. Google searching proved that they had in compatibility issues we switched to brother and it was much simpler. Now with my new MacBook and new iPhone it’s a breeze I would stay away from HP printing

Valued Contributor

We have a Brother as well.  We have had Canon and HP printers in the past and the Brother is far and away the best one we have had.

Honored Contributor

Since 1999 I've only used Epson printers w/my Macs.  They just work & last a long time.  I am on my 3rd Epson - XP-400 nearly 7 yrs old.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

We use an old 5400 series HP with the iMac and MacBook Air - does what I need it to do!

I got the Air about two years ago and I don't recall doing anything to facilitate wireless printing beyond connecting to the network.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeasonedCitizen 

I am using an aspen right now but had an HP before that. Both wireless. No toublexat all. I think most printers are compatible. I just followed the directions. Both my MacBook Air and my iPhone connect with the printer.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a Brother laser printer.  Love it!  No more fooling around with inkjet cartridges.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom  I have an iMac.  Same story with me.  I don't print in color.  I was using the black cartridge quickly.  Found the Brother Laser Printer while looking for an alternative to the cartrige printers.  What a difference.  My cartridge and drum last a very long time.  They're actually easier to change than the other ink cartridges.  The print quality is wonderful.  When this one finally quits, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 , I totally agree on Brother laser printer.  DH loves it too.  Never going back to messy inkjet.  LM