Respected Contributor

Before I do the upgrade, I've got to see if there's a new print driver available.  If not, I may wait.  If there is, I'll do 

the upgrade and hope.

I'll let everyone know.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC OSCatalina Is Here!!!

@Cats3000 wrote:

Before I do the upgrade, I've got to see if there's a new print driver available.  If not, I may wait.  If there is, I'll do 

the upgrade and hope.

I'll let everyone know.

my Mac is asking about this,   

Honored Contributor

Nope, not doing it.  I only recently updated to Mojave and I got messages that a lot of my apps will not work with any new update. And some of the little apps that have free updates aren't updating properly.

Respected Contributor

As of this evening, no new print/scan driver shown for my Brother Monochrome Laser Printer/Scanner.  I've semt am e-mail to Brother asking when.  Don't want to do the download and not be able to print or scan.

Later, folks.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000   @Icegoddess 

Which is why I always wait for the 3rd udate.  I let everybody else play around w/the bugs, send feedback, etc.  I go on the Apple forums to see what the Helpers, Mac geeks & Mac fan boys are saying, etc.  They will font about all the bugs as well as all the good about a new OS.

Also, when the 3rd update rolls around, I always download the "combo" version.  That way I get everything as well as any printer drivers I may need (after I go to the printer website to download their drivers).

I also have a few apps & games that will be non compatible w/Catalina.  So right now I am on a wait & see game w/3rd party developers.

There is a website that you can check all the apps you have on your comp to see if they are compatible w/all of Macs OS'es called Roaring Apps. 

@jackthebear"my Mac is asking about this,"

What the....confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Cats3000   @Icegoddess 

Which is why I always wait for the 3rd udate.  I let everybody else play around w/the bugs, send feedback, etc.  I go on the Apple forums to see what the Helpers, Mac geeks & Mac fan boys are saying, etc.  They will font about all the bugs as well as all the good about a new OS.

Also, when the 3rd update rolls around, I always download the "combo" version.  That way I get everything as well as any printer drivers I may need (after I go to the printer website to download their drivers).

I also have a few apps & games that will be non compatible w/Catalina.  So right now I am on a wait & see game w/3rd party developers.

There is a website that you can check all the apps you have on your comp to see if they are compatible w/all of Macs OS'es called Roaring Apps. 

@jackthebear"my Mac is asking about this,"

What the....confused.gif

is asking to install it 

will wait a bit,

told mr jtb to wait as well 

Respected Contributor

The latest on my saga.  Did a chat with Brother just now.  New printer/scanner drivers won't be available until later this month.  They can't guarantee that the printer/scanner will function properly using the latest "Mojave" drivers.

Honored Contributor

Just did the update and many of my apps are not compatible Smiley Sad, pain in the butt, now I have to figure out how to update them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   what kind of apps?  I don't have a lot on my Mac 

I guess the only thing I am concerned about would be the printer . 

Honored Contributor

I’ve got the installation going now on my iMac. It’s going to take awhile. 

My iMac is old, from 2013. I don’t know if Apple stops pushing the updates to their older computers, as they do to phones and iPads when they get older but I was pleased to see it downloading. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?