Respected Contributor

MAC MOJAVE IS AVAILABLE STARTING TODAY

For those who use Mac computers, the new OS Mojave is available today.

I'll download it later in the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAC MOJAVE IS AVAILABLE STARTING TODAY

I'd heard about that.

Looks like our 2011 iMac will be left out, but I did get it to High Sierra.  It's a stallion of a machine.

The MacBook Air will be included (of course, they have to - it keeps threatening to be obsolete but if Apple doesn't change it and keeps making it, how dare they!).

I will wait and see.  It may be interesting if I upgrade the Air, and the iMac can't - I hate the whole sharing thing anyway and I've had to disable a whole bunch of crstuff to get it where I want it.

Keep us posted!  @Cats3000

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Just downloaded it now.  Took the better part of 1 1/2 hours to complete.

Interesting happening.  I got about 2/3 of the way through the process when our house power went out.  When the power came back on, I turned on the computer.  Lo and behold, the rest of the process got done and I now have OS Mojave.

Haven't really used it yet.  I'll see what it can do later today.  Have to get my flu shot shortly.

Respected Contributor

MAY HAVE A PROBLEM.  Unable to log in to our on-line bank accounts this morning.  Bank and on-line banking vendor might not have done what they had to do to work on Mojave.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh brother - and it's a weekend.

Thanks for posting.  I am interested in following this.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK--I WAS finally able to access my accounts around noon, Eastern Time.  I assume it was the bank's problem and not the OS.  Seems to be slightly slower in loading the accounts, but thet do load.  I plan to check with my bank tomorrow morning and make sure there are no more incidents.

Other than that, I've been able to access all of my websites with no problems.  Seems to be working fine.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for taking one for the team, @Cats3000

I'll feel a little better upgrading my systems now. Had so many glitches the last time. 

Respected Contributor

@agnesann You're welcome.  

I had problems yesterday loading videos on the Fox News Channel website using the new Safari that was part of the upgrade..  Really not a big deal.  I have Firefox as an alternate and that works.

Respected Contributor

LAST POSTING:  The Fox NewsChannel site and the Fox Business News site are now working fine.  No other problems.

Download was tedious but worked despite a power failure here.