Honored Contributor

Lost my scroll bar in youtube (EDIT) It's back!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have windows 10 chrome.  Anyone know how I regain that scroll bar?  Only one I'm missing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost my scroll bar in youtube

There are instructions on the internet on how to restore a scroll bar in Windows 10, Chrome.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee  It doesn't work.  I'm just missing it on youtube.  Everywhere else I have it.  I tried settings, then ease of access, then under simpify and personalize Windwos, click to "off" automatically hide scrollbars in Windows. 

Where specifiicaly can I find it?

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Foxxee  It doesn't work.  I'm just missing it on youtube.  Everywhere else I have it.  I tried settings, then ease of access, then under simpify and personalize Windwos, click to "off" automatically hide scrollbars in Windows. 

Where specifiicaly can I find it?

@songbird 

Try doing a Restore on Windows.  Instructions are on the internet if you don't know how.  

Frequent Contributor

Years ago I had a problem with you tube.  Somewhere I got the tip to clear out my history & also did a disk cleanup.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hover your mouse at the very top of the page. Does a downward arrow appear?  If so, click the arrow and choose escape from full screen.

Or try right clicking and choosing exit full screen. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird  If your issue is only happening in YT,  always seek help at its source at the start.  Go to its website.

In the left hand corner, click on the 3 lines....

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at Thu, Mar 18, 2021-2.14.47 PM.png

The next window will bring up a list.  Click on "Help"

Screen_Shot_2021-03-18_at_Thu__Mar_18__2021-2_12_51_PM.png

In the "Help" window search your issue, search YT Knowledge Base Articles and/or post in YT forum area. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at Thu, Mar 18, 2021-2.14.23 PM.png

Last resort:  In the above "Help" window, click on.......

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at Thu, Mar 18, 2021-2.26.09 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried various tips, but the problem is there.  I'm not the only one who uses chrome.  I've read various complaints.  This problem occurred around the same time (March 13, 2021) The scroll bar is fine on Firefox.  But I don't use Firefox.  The problem might be part of extensions.  I could disable extensions, but that would also mean I would lose other scroll bar. I must emphasize that only Yourtube is showing this problem.  I'll wait a while and see if Google (who owns Chrome) will be able to fix it.  I might be, I would have to stop using Chrome in favor of Firefox.  Or another browser.  My husband doesn't know how to fix it.  

I think my recent update from Chrome caused this problem

Honored Contributor

Can't believe it, but my scroll bar is back!  I had tried everything, and it didn't work.  But I must have had another update.  It's back, better then it ever was!  It was the first update that lost it.  Whew!  I'm happy!