Respected Contributor

Looking For An Inexpensive Walking Tracker

Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking For An Inexpensive Walking Tracker

If you just want a pedometer they have them on Amazon for as little as $3

Trusted Contributor

i purchased the CSX pedometer  (Premium Step Counter Pedometer 3D for Walking with Lanyard) from Amazon 3 years ago. It is currently $9.99.

Still use it, and find it to be accurate once you set your step range.  I used the YouTube video to set it up.

Respected Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

i purchased the CSX pedometer  (Premium Step Counter Pedometer 3D for Walking with Lanyard) from Amazon 3 years ago. It is currently $9.99.

Still use it, and find it to be accurate once you set your step range.  I used the YouTube video to set it up.

Thank you. Yes I was wondering how set them up. Good idea using youtube video.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

If you have a smart phone, get an app for your phone.  My iPhone has a health app and it will count steps.  I wore my fit bit and had my phone in my pocket and they recorded steps very close to each other. 

Respected Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

If you have a smart phone, get an app for your phone.  My iPhone has a health app and it will count steps.  I wore my fit bit and had my phone in my pocket and they recorded steps very close to each other. 

The only problem with using your iPhone is that you have to carry it with you when you go walking or hiking.   I don't have any work out clothes with pockets and I sure don't want to carry my phone in my hand while walking or hiking.   It's one think to have it in my purse going about my daily  activities but I'd like to track my steps when walking and the phone app just doesn't work then.

Respected Contributor

I have workout clothes with pockets and I also have a fitbit.  I've used them separately and together to see how close they are in number of steps.  It's close enough I trust them both to be fairly accurate.