Super Contributor

Did anyone get it and how do you like it? Can you compare it to the LG840? Some have posted that they bought the LG360 just for the minutes and added them to their LG840, however there's a paragraph somewhere that says the minutes that come with the phone are only good for that phone promotion, so I don't understand how they did that. Has anyone added those minutes to their LG840 without activating the new 360 phone?

Contributor

Re: Last week's TSV Trac Fone

Hi BigOrangeKitty. I bought the LG 306G tracfone and am quite happy with it. Love the triple for life and extra 1500 bonus minutes that are included with this purchase. I don't think it's possible to use the 1500 minutes on any other phone except the LG 306G. You first have to activate the 306G and once activated you call an 888 number and then have to enter your QVC order number for the phone, zip code, and phone number assigned to the 306G phone. The bonus numbers are then added on to the phone. What I don't know if is once you do that and if you bought a different Tracfone down the road if all those extra minutes would transfer over.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply, WV ..... I have the LG840 from last year and really like it. I have to add more service time/minutes soon and it really was less expensive to order this TSV for the minutes. The minutes follow the phone number, if you bought a different tracfone down the road, you can carry over any unused minutes to your new phone if you keep your same phone number. I'm glad to hear you like your phone!

Contributor

I think they said the LG306G is a minor upgrade from the LG840. I'm one of those who bought the 306 because of the minutes. I usually just buy a one year card for $99 and was going to have to purchase one in 2 months anyway. Well, with the TSV I got the 306G phone, triple minutes for life (versus double on my old LG440G flip phone), plus those 1500 minutes for $71. It really is a great deal and phone for those who don't need all the features of a smartphone.

Regular Contributor

MY CAMERA WONT WORK RIGHT. IS YOURS OK?
Super Contributor

I haven't opened the box yet, I'm not sure I want to keep it. Haven't heard too many good reviews yet.

Contributor

There are 40+ reviews along with many questions & answers for the LG 306G phone on Amazon. Here's the link if you'd like to take a look.

http://www.amazon.com/TRACFONE-LG-306G-GSM-HANDSET/dp/B00JG3M47E

What I'd like to find is a case for the 306G model. I know the 306G and 840 are pretty much the same phone but was wondering if the case for the 840 would work with the 306G?

Honored Contributor

I bet you can use the minutes on any TracPhone. If you enter your phone number, it's assigning the minutes to that number regardless of the phone. As long as you don't activate the new phone, it'll apply them to whatever phone is using that number. I've been buying a new phone a year just for the minutes.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Kachina624, thank you for replying. So you've done this yourself? Bought a new phone but used the minutes card to add the minutes to an existing phone? I don't want to try this and lose everything .... I read a paragraph that states the promo minutes are good only for the phone it comes with.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the link, WV, people seem to like their 306G except for the camera - it's not the same camera as the 840?