Super Contributor

Re: LG Stylo 4 portable phone charger

Target has a full line of chargers.   I recently bought one for about  $20 that works on both my Samsung Note phone and LG tablet.   I'm pretty sure it's made by Samsung.   

Respected Contributor

@cddh wrote:

Lots of good info.  Thanks.  I am not familiar with terminology but being schooled here.  I will look for USB-C and not specifically LG Stylo 4.  I have also messaged LG through facebook.  I know the cable is unique and not the "usual".  Occasionally I have to travel long distances for husband's doctors and a portable phone charger will give me backup - just in case!

Correct. Any "brick" like charger should have a generic USB port for you to plug any USB cable you want in one end. It's that cable that needs to be a USB-C on the other end.

I love Anker PowerCore chargers. Some, like the PowerCore Slim 10000 PD, come with a USB-C cable because you need it to charge the charger. When you're not charging the actual charger, you can use that same cable to use the charger to charge your phone. Other models used a USB-Micro cable to charge, so you will need one cable to charge the charger and another to charge the phone.

Super Contributor

SugarPuff, unfortunately the LG Stylo takes a different charger than any other LG's or Samsung's.  I have a ton of the "usual" chargers but this port is different!

Regular Contributor

@cddh wrote:

Thank you so miuch NIGHTOWLZ.  I love Amazon.  This is where I bought one that said it was compatible but it was not.  I am basically homebound much of the time because I am the primary caretaker of my disabled husband.  If I am not running around to doctors, I am kid watching my precious grand kids.  No pity, just explanation why I don't go running around to shop!   I bought the phone on shopping channel that didn't offer a phone charger for this specific model.   I do a lot of online shopping so I appreciate the link but problem is, it is not a PORTABLE phone charger! I have one for the car and one for the wall at home but want one to carry in my bag for emergency use.  Believe me I have searched!

@cddh it sounds like you just need a charging cable, specifically usb c to usb a. This cable will allow you to use your current battery bank with your LG Stylo.

I bought this from Amazon in November 2017 and use it every day:  BrexLink USB C fast charging cable usb c to usb a charger 

Respected Contributor

I have a Stylo4 and got my charger at the supermarket.  But it has to be the USB-C version.

Super Contributor

Thanks magis but I have a home charger.  I am looking for a portable charger.  I got a lot of information here to help me.

Valued Contributor

@Runner26 wrote:

@cddhit sounds like you just need a charging cable, specifically usb c to usb a. This cable will allow you to use your current battery bank with your LG Stylo.

I bought this from Amazon in November 2017 and use it every day:  BrexLink USB C fast charging cable usb c to usb a charger 

--

I did the same thing.

We had a drawer full of portable usb power banks of various sizes. When my teenage son recently upgraded his phone, it had the USB-c connection, so we just bought some usb-c cables so that he could use the power banks we already had.

Super Contributor