Super Contributor

LG Stylo 4 portable phone charger

Do you know of one?  I ordered one that said it was compatible with the LG Stylo 4 but it was not!  

Honored Contributor

Re: LG Stylo 4 portable phone charger

The place where you bought your phone should have one. Otherwise take your phone to a place where they sell phones and ask them to find one for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Onllne it shows that phone uses a USB-C cable to charge it.

They have this one on Amazon for $10.97. Search this on Amazon

USB Type-C Charger Home Wall AC Data Cable White Compatible with LG Stylo 4.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so miuch NIGHTOWLZ.  I love Amazon.  This is where I bought one that said it was compatible but it was not.  I am basically homebound much of the time because I am the primary caretaker of my disabled husband.  If I am not running around to doctors, I am kid watching my precious grand kids.  No pity, just explanation why I don't go running around to shop!   I bought the phone on shopping channel that didn't offer a phone charger for this specific model.   I do a lot of online shopping so I appreciate the link but problem is, it is not a PORTABLE phone charger! I have one for the car and one for the wall at home but want one to carry in my bag for emergency use.  Believe me I have searched!

Trusted Contributor

@cddh wrote:

Thank you so miuch NIGHTOWLZ.  I love Amazon.  This is where I bought one that said it was compatible but it was not.  I am basically homebound much of the time because I am the primary caretaker of my disabled husband.  If I am not running around to doctors, I am kid watching my precious grand kids.  No pity, just explanation why I don't go running around to shop!   I bought the phone on shopping channel that didn't offer a phone charger for this specific model.   I do a lot of online shopping so I appreciate the link but problem is, it is not a PORTABLE phone charger! I have one for the car and one for the wall at home but want one to carry in my bag for emergency use.  Believe me I have searched!

@cddh  Find a large cellular store where you live and call them.  Explain your situation and your want...I'm betting they might be able to order one for you.  Since you've searched and cannot find one, my only thought is to reach out to a cellular store and ask for assistance.

Super Contributor

Thanks but I was hoping that another LG Stylo 4 would see the post and would be able to help.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cddh , I think @Nightowlz is correct that your phone needs the USB-C cable. 

If you're not sure you can do a check. If the end of the charger that fits into your phone can be inserted either way--in other words it has no specified front or back--then it's a USB-C cable.

If the charger will not fit in both ways and has to be inserted from the front of the cable then it's a standard micro-usb cable. 

From what I've read online the Stylo4 uses the USB-C but it's easy to check. 

I also agree that Amazon is a great place to get one.

Here's one I saw recently that looked good to me. It's a 10,000mah for $26.99 and there's $2 off coupon. I like it because it comes in white but you prefer black they you can one with 20,000mah for $32.99. 

I don't think we can post links to Amazon but you can try searching with:

TG90 10000mah Power Bank TG90 10000 Power Bank External Battery Pack

Hopefully that will at least get you started on the right track. 

eta ~ one of the features I liked about the charger I mentioned is that is has both types of chargers--the standard micro-USB, the USB-C. Also, they're built into the unit so no need to carry extra cables with you.

There's also a helpful video that shows the product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@cddh , I think @Nightowlz is correct that your phone needs the USB-C cable. 

If you're not sure you can do a check. If the end of the charger that fits into your phone can be inserted either way--in other words it has no specified front or back--then it's a USB-C cable.

If the charger will not fit in both ways and has to be inserted from the front of the cable then it's a standard micro-usb cable. 

From what I've read online the Stylo4 uses the USB-C but it's easy to check. 

I also agree that Amazon is a great place to get one.

Here's one I saw recently that looked good to me. It's a 10,000mah for $26.99 and there's $2 off coupon. I like it because it comes in white but you prefer black they you can one with 20,000mah for $32.99. 

I don't think we can post links to Amazon but you can try searching with:

TG90 10000mah Power Bank TG90 10000 Power Bank External Battery Pack

Hopefully that will at least get you started on the right track. 

@SusieQ_2 @cddh 

Thanks for helping. @SusieQ_2  Shouldn't @cddh  be able to use any power bank/portable charger on Amazon that uses the USB-C cable? It should not be necessary to find one that states for LG Stylo 4? That's what I think since online it shows it uses that type cable. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  Yes, any USB-C type cable should work (if that's what the Stylo4 uses). It's not necessary to look for the brand or model of the phone once it's established which is the correct cable.

I usually type in my phone's brand and name when I'm looking for something like a phone case but it shouldn't be needed for a cable.

I think one of the things cdh is specifically looking for is something portable she can carry in her bag when she leaves home. 

Super Contributor

Lots of good info.  Thanks.  I am not familiar with terminology but being schooled here.  I will look for USB-C and not specifically LG Stylo 4.  I have also messaged LG through facebook.  I know the cable is unique and not the "usual".  Occasionally I have to travel long distances for husband's doctors and a portable phone charger will give me backup - just in case!