Super Contributor

LG Fiesta Tracfone TSV on HSN

Just a headzup for anyone who is interested - new phone, 5.5 inches with better camera and more storage... Doesn't seem to have triple minutes for life.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LG Fiesta Tracfone TSV on HSN

[ Edited ]

Wow, that phone looks great!  Now I'm sorry I got the Samsung Galaxy Sky.  I received it on April 20, but I don't think the HSN LG one would get here in time for me to make a swap if I wanted to.  I like that the LG is 16gb and running the latest OS.  That camera is great too!

Edited to add at 12:20am...I just got off the phone with HSN CS and they will do a bit of an extended return period, about 2 weeks.  And the CS rep wanted to make very clear that I understood that this phone does not come with triple minutes for life.  Just wanted to add that in case anyone else is in my type of situation.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 Thanks for posting  re no triple minutes for life.  I was just debating if I should order it (my current Tracphone is 3 years old) because I like that camera, but I think I pass.

@SchippyLuvThanks for posting re this phone.  It really looks great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77@SchippyLuv@CLEM,TracFone has always offered a one-time purchase of a TracFone card which would put double minutes for life, or triple minutes for life on your phone, as long as service was kept active.

If you think this phone on HSN is right for you, see if TracFone still sells a triple minutes for life card. It's certainly worthwhile if you love your phone. Can add it to convert your new phone from single minutes to triple minutes anytime.

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

Just a headzup for anyone who is interested - new phone, 5.5 inches with better camera and more storage... Doesn't seem to have triple minutes for life.

@SchippyLuv, thanks for the heads up about no triple minutes. That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I believe we will see more of this in the future.

In a 'triple minutes for life' Smartfon, TracFone's Smartfone Only cards do not triple, but the Regular Airtime Cards do triple. 

That's been very confusing for many TracFone users. Especially since they routinely mis-represent that selling point during on-air presentations.

I'm not a talker. I'm still using talk minutes I bought in 2014. I only buy/refill the Smartfone Only texts and data cards, which don't triple, so my 'triple minutes for life' really hasn't meant anything.

Just out of curiosity, since this is a deal breaker for you, how many Regular Airtime minutes do you generally add to your phone in a year?

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge  When I first heard that about no triple minutes, I balked.  But I was thinking about it more today and the only cards I buy are text cards and data cards (more text than data), so the no triple minutes thing didn't really bother me.  I don't really talk that much on my cell phone and I have a lot of minutes that keep rolling over whenever I get a new phone.  

Sometimes I will buy a 90 day airtime card, just to have those extra days while I figure out what I want to do regarding getting a new phone, and that would be a little annoying to not have those text and data minutes triple, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

I think this will be an ongoing discussion in the future if that's Tracfone's new policy about not tripling.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Jordan2, I believe we will see more of this in the future.

In a 'triple minutes for life' Smartfon, TracFone's Smartfone Only cards do not triple, but the Regular Airtime Cards do triple. 

That's been very confusing for many TracFone users. Especially since they routinely mis-represent that selling point during on-air presentations.

I'm not a talker. I'm still using talk minutes I bought in 2014. I only buy/refill the Smartfone Only texts and data cards, which don't triple, so my 'triple minutes for life' really hasn't meant anything.

Just out of curiosity, since this is a deal breaker for you, how many Regular Airtime minutes do you generally add to your phone in a year?

@x Hedge, I really don't use my phone much. I could get by with the 1500 minutes they gave you. I will usually buy a Tracfone card at CVS that extends my phone 3 months until I decide what to do (I think it's $20 for 60 minutes which gets tripled). Also since I don't use my phone much I didn't want to spend about $140 with tax. I would rather get a phone for around $99.

Respected Contributor

I received the LG Fiesta Tracfone TSV from HSN yesterday. I started it up and have been going through the phone before I activate it tomorrow. It is nice phone size and the screen is clear and easy to use. I took a photo and compared it to my Tracfone LG L41C. A very nice upgrade in the Fiesta Phone camera. I set up my Gmail account, Wi-Fi, and customized ringtones from the Zedge app you can download. When I add my Contacts I will customize the ringtones to them. The Zedge App lets you download ringtones for husband, daughter, son etc. It alost has Wallpaper you can download. I will charge the phone in the morning and then call to activate the phone. You can use the internet and do things on it before activating the phone and then you will know if you like the size and the way you use it. The triple minutes we used to have still is triple and just given to you in a different way. I am very satisfied. Hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

hmmmmm, I'm interested in this new LG Fiesta also, but don't want to pay $140 for it.  I'll wait until I can get one for under $100.

Thanks for the headsup.