Valued Contributor

Re: LG 306G Tracfone question

How do I turn off the narrator voice that keeps telling the world what I'm doing????

Respected Contributor

On 8/17/2014 dgluvr said:

How do I turn off the narrator voice that keeps telling the world what I'm doing????

Go to Sound Setting, and Turn Off Dial Readout.

Contributor

Before I activate this, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to apply the minutes to this or to my LG840g. I'm unable to change the calendar to today's date. It shows 2010. I don't know if I'll be able to after it is activated. Does anyone have this phone and has not activated it and if so, have you been able to change the calendar to the correct day? Maybe it automatically corrects upon activation?

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Dang, shoot that phone!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Valued Contributor

Thankyou tgbtgso I WAS about to shoot that dang phone like madcity411 suggested!

Valued Contributor

On 8/17/2014 CharmTx said:

Before I activate this, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to apply the minutes to this or to my LG840g. I'm unable to change the calendar to today's date. It shows 2010. I don't know if I'll be able to after it is activated. Does anyone have this phone and has not activated it and if so, have you been able to change the calendar to the correct day? Maybe it automatically corrects upon activation?

I ordered one for my husband and one for myself- so I set his up first to see if I'd like it- as the above referenced -- I couldn't figure how to turn the "voice" off!! But you can change the date after activating it. You charge it, activate it and then call for your extra minutes but before calling for them you can do the settings (which is a learning curve for someone like me who just had an old tracfone.
He likes it- especially the large text.

Super Contributor

This phone does not come with a Minutes Card. I used "live chat" to ask if the minutes could be applied to my LG 840 and they said yes, however, when I attempted to do that, they told me I needed a minutes Card to give them the pin number on the back. So it appears the minutes that come with this phone can only be applied to this phone when it's activated. I like the LG840 better so I'll buy a minutes card for it and sending this one back.

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:

This phone does not come with a Minutes Card. I used "live chat" to ask if the minutes could be applied to my LG 840 and they said yes, however, when I attempted to do that, they told me I needed a minutes Card to give them the pin number on the back. So it appears the minutes that come with this phone can only be applied to this phone when it's activated. I like the LG840 better so I'll buy a minutes card for it and sending this one back.

There is a special number included in your package that you call for the 1500 minutes. It asks what the phone number of the tracfone you want to put the minutes onto. It's all automated. Did you follow the directions on how to redeem the 1500 promotional minutes? Because you should try that before sending it back if you do want the minutes
Super Contributor

Following the directions and calling the special number first activates the phone. I didn't want to activate the phone. The minutes were going to be applied to the serial number of the new phone. I called QVC about it and was told to call Trac Fone. I spoke with someone there and they told me no, I could not apply those minutes to my old phone, it would only be applied to the new phone when I activated it.

Contributor

On 8/17/2014 CharmTx said:

I ordered one for my husband and one for myself- so I set his up first to see if I'd like it- as the above referenced -- I couldn't figure how to turn the "voice" off!! But you can change the date after activating it. You charge it, activate it and then call for your extra minutes but before calling for them you can do the settings (which is a learning curve for someone like me who just had an old tracfone.
He likes it- especially the large text.

Thanks, dglvr. I love my LG840 that I got last year but couldn't remember if I was able to change the date and time before I activated it. When I couldn't change the date and time before activating this one I wanted to make sure it was just the activation that needed to be done, and not a faulty phone. Oh, and the first thing I did was turn off that voice. Drove me nuts!