Regular Contributor

Kindle Fire HDX 7" and HDX 8.9" Marked Down Today!

For those who are interested, Amazon just started a sale on their HDX tablets. I weakened and ordered an 8.9" HDX tablet that has a front as well as a rear camera. The rear camera is 8 megapixels.

Regular Contributor

Re: Kindle Fire HDX 7"" and HDX 8.9"" Marked Down Today!

Make sure you read all the specs. It has "mirrorcast" where one can put what movie or show is on the Kindle Fire to the TV, however, this only works with some new TV's And note that it does not have an HDMI port; it's done wirelessly This isn't an issue with me. I've been researching the 8.9" for a few days. It also has no instructions that come with it. But one can also go into one's account and get instruction for the various Kindles. And, of course, there's the "mayday" one can use on the tablet. In addition, if one wants to print, it has no USB port. It prints wirelessly if you have a wireless printer. Again, not a problem for me, but it might be for some. Obviously, Amazon is probably preparing to introduce a newer model sometime soon.

Super Contributor

I've been wondering if they are getting ready to roll out a new tablet. I'ts been awhile and that time of year.

Super Contributor

Amazon usually announces their newest line of Kindles in the Fall, ships them in November. I lost my Kindle Fire (1st gen.) on vacation, but will wait until Fall to replace with the newest model.
Respected Contributor

Yea, I'm excited to see what's going to be new. I had two HD's, one for work and one for home. Last year I updated one to the HDX model. I was tempted to update the 2nd one, but made myself wait. So this year I'm going to be updating the other HD.

It was hard not to update my 2nd one because I really love the HDX.