Respected Contributor

Re: Just Got the Phony Microsoft Call

I just got a call this morning with my area code. It was not from anyone I know, so I did not answer.  I never answer calls or texts if I’m not sure who is contacting me. 

I don’t get many telemarketing calls on my cell; most are to my landline. The landline messages all go voicemail, which I check every week or so and I only listen long enough to delete them.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  It's not only landlines, unfortunately.  I have two Tracfones, one number I've had for 15 years, the other just a few years.  The newer number gets about 4 spam calls every day and it's really annoying.  Since it's a backup phone, sometimes I'll power it off for a few days or a week.  The older (primary) number only gets them once in a while.  Nice to see the Do Not Call registry is working so well.  <sarcasm>

@shaggygirl  I also got the Microsoft call the other day.  It was my first one!  And I had read about it recently on this board and it was the first thing I thought of when they started their spiel.  Thanks to all those who post about these things and keeping us aware.  Heart

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to say thanks to the O/P and other very informative threads starters about these scammings. It is amazing how many  people are not to "savvy" about these phone calls, emails and are taken in. You are saving a lot of  people a lot of headaches. So keep these threads coming. That is the only way to stop these people is to become informed.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I receive the microsoft at least two times a month,I now just ignore it.Also I have received the call from a grandson who was arrested for hitting a tree,and he needs money for bail,guess what I don't have a grandson who is of age to drive a car,so I hung up on him.I got this call a couple times,so annoying.I hang up on anyone selling me something.Tucka.

Valued Contributor

just got a call from windows sunday stating if i dont call them asap they will discontinue my computer license and shut it down. played along and called back told them i was a police officer for the NYPD and tracing your call and will be arresting you.they hung up fast.

also got the usual call from the IRS stating i owe them money and if i dont call them back there will be a warrant for my arrest.give me a break

Respected Contributor

wrote:

There is a special place in you-know-where for people who do these scams.

I had one last week too.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1wrote:

wrote:

There is a special place in you-know-where for people who do these scams.

I had one last week too.

There is a place for these people... but, it is not anything special.Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox,

These are the worst, even in my cell phone!!!!🌻