Esteemed Contributor

Just Got the Phony Microsoft Call

[ Edited ]

About my computer re somebody trying to steal all my info blah blah blah. Voice said calling from Microsoft. Gave me a number to call immediately or press one to talk to a security person. The name on my caller ID was JACKLINE DSOUZA and the number on it was 916-526-1454

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got the Phony Microsoft Call

@shaggygirl, I got my call yesterday (7th)!

Respected Contributor

I got it yesterday too!  I give them the one finger "you are numero 1" sign the whole time they are blah blahing and taking up space on my answering machine (been tempted to moon them). Then I delete their "message".

Honored Contributor

Get a policeman or bandmaster whistle and ask to speak to someone.  Then blow the whistle when they get on the line.  

Respected Contributor

There is a special place in you-know-where for people who do these scams.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I haven’t received that call yet but I did get an e-mail from “Apple ID” yesterday saying to “click here” because my Apple login was compromised.  It was pretty official looking but I figured out it wasn’t really from Apple. I can understand though how some might not be paying close attention and just click on it. 

Honored Contributor

Call like that seem to come in from your local area code

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I got two calls today from the IRS who will have the local “cops” come for me unless I call them back within 24 hours.

1-516-453-5189 from Manhasset, NY and 1-707-820-7567 from Forestville, CA

If I don’t post for a few days, you can assume I am in jail.

Honored Contributor

That's the world we live in now; we all get that junk either through emails or phone calls. There's a reason why I don't use a landline now.  Too much junk.  I think by now the majority of us can "smell" the scams after just a sentence or two.

Super Contributor