Valued Contributor

Just Bought A Macbook Pro 15"

I got it for more than $1000 less than it costs here. Yikes..... the mark-up is astounding, and the extras that come with it in no way bring the cost of mine up to THAT price!!!  Mine is the exact one here, 512G hard drive 16G ram, 2019 model. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Bought A Macbook Pro 15"

You will love it! The prices here are sky high and the assistance they say they offer if you have any problems after your purchase is nonexistent. You are on your own or you have to go to the Apple store....I prefer going to the DMV to going to an Apple store!
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess"You are on your own or you have to go to the Apple store"

That is not true.  The Apple Store is a last resort if you already have the 1 yr standard warranty and/or AppleCare.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Congratulations....and the Apple Store has been great with any problems/repairs.  I always purchase Apple Care.  You will love your new MBP!

Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I got it for more than $1000 less than it costs here. Yikes..... the mark-up is astounding, and the extras that come with it in no way bring the cost of mine up to THAT price!!!  Mine is the exact one here, 512G hard drive 16G ram, 2019 model. 

Never purchase electronic items from QVC. In most instances they can be found cheaper elsewhere.  QVC often bundles these high end electronics with "accessories" so they price you pay is usually much higher than ordering directly from Apple.

Valued Contributor

I had a Macbook Pro 15.4 that I bought in 2014. I have used it, hauled it, used it and hauled it, and the 256g hard drive was getting full -- even with all my photos and files in the cloud. Also the keyboard was getting very worn, and the screen was getting weirder and weirder. The retina screen worries me. I have put a cheap screen protector on it, but I think I'm going to take it off. I have so much trouble getting one on correctly....all bubbles and yuck. But yes, I will purchase Apple Care and I have an Apple Store fairly close to me. I don't mind going there because I can go during non-peak hours. I have some questions about things so far, and I need a session there. I paid $2500 for this one at Costco. One has 90 days to purchase Apple Care. Might do that online today.

Thanks everyone for the comments. 

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

One has 90 days to purchase Apple Care. Might do that online today.

@BriggsiePeawiggle  That is incorrect.

"AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased within 1 year of your Mac purchase"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif