Honored Contributor

Re: Jitterbug phone

[ Edited ]

@SharkE : I purchased the jitterbug flip  and purchased when on sale.  Liked the JB because DH needed big numbers and easier to hear. We only use it for emergencies. Purchase 200 minutes per month for $22- don’t pay extra for text. The camera takes good pictures considering.  Friend purchased phone from consumer cellular- her calls drop all the time when on the road and out of town. Our provider is version and we have great reception and extended service area. Forgot to mention that service started with credit card and later given option to switch to checking account debit each month. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I would take the 2500 minutes a month for 30 and taxes and fees.

I can talk to sister for 1100 a month, so, I would feel comfortable with this

@SouthernBee  minutes don't roll over do they ? and when I read the small print it says if you go over it's so much a minute I wouldn't go over LOL

does it tell you how many minutes you have used? so, you can keep track of

Honored Contributor

Re: Jitterbug phone

[ Edited ]

hope you answer

@SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Yes- it has a place in the phone menu to track your minutes plus you can do it on line. We never use the 200 minutes but more comfortable with that plan if the land line is not in service for awhile. I think our minutes rolled over one time but will need to check my account for that information. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to replace our landline. He's so nervous newly retired he's making me upset and today he said "we'll see by Jan. how it all works out".

Be glad when he settles down. Gonna give himself a stroke. I'm nervous.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : Just checked my account and the minutes do roll over monthly . Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Guess they roll over, but, you still pay the monthly charge no matter how many or few you have LOL

Thanks for your help !  I'm at my wits end, here !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE :🙏🙏🙏🙏- for you. Let him vent and you just not say anything and if necessary walk out of the room. DH disability retired in 2011 and big adjustment. He thought retirement would include travel and many different things. DH just started driving on a limited basis. We get out after the work traffic and try to return home before afternoon school and work traffic. So far no night driving and only local. The doctor stopped me from driving several years ago. DH dream was to purchase an RV  and have fun. Our days are filled with doctor appointments. Not complaining just dealing with reality. Southern Bee