Respected Contributor

Is there a new iPad Air this Fall?

I am in the market.  LM

QVC Customer Care

Re: Is there a new iPad Air this Fall?

This post has been removed by QVC because link takes you to site with links to other retailers

Honored Contributor

Probably not. Apple will have some new products announced in September, but they just introduced their fifth-gen iPad Air in March. They like spring announcements for computers/tablets and September announcements for new phones and other devices. It'll probably be next spring (2023) before they come out with a new iPad Air. If they even do then. They may keep the fifth-gen around for an extra year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because link takes you to site with links to other retailers

Interesting. (Not my post that was deleted by the way.) I've known you can't post a link to other retailers, but now you can't post a link to a site that has a link to another retailer? Given the advertising that goes on at websites that pretty much just bans all links as most sites sell ad space, and the ad space often sells to other retailers. And given how ads vary from visitor to visitor, a link to a site that has no retail ads/links for one poster may have several ads with links for another. You might as well just ban links at this point.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman it was my link that was removed, and it was to an article that discussed when the air would come out and what it featured. For the OP, the article was from Tech Advisor, if you want to look it up. I went back and looked at the article, and indeed, it does have links to other sellers. I was just trying to help the OP. Lol You are 100% right--no need to post links anymore to any site, because 99% of the pages will have affiliate links. 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

Yeah, there's something of a rabbit hole we're getting into with links here now. A link to a site that has a link to another retailer is now banned. What about a link to a site that has a link to another site that has a link to a retailer? How far down this rabbit hole does one have to go? It's getting a bit crazy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Ainhisg 

Yeah, there's something of a rabbit hole we're getting into with links here now. A link to a site that has a link to another retailer is now banned. What about a link to a site that has a link to another site that has a link to a retailer? How far down this rabbit hole does one have to go? It's getting a bit crazy. 

It's perfectly understandable. Why would a retailer alllow links to another retailer?  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg   @gardenman 

You can "copy/paste" the article & give credit where it's due.  I do it all the time here.

Unless it's a YouTube video I do not live link because I have an ad blocker which will notify me how many ads are on a site page.

Sometimes, I may post an "unclickable" link which is easy to do.  This gives the party reading the post an option to ignore or copy/paste link.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac I have ad-free YouTube, and every link to YouTube that I post is removed, because it is assumed that everyone uses ad-supported YouTube. I'm going to do as you suggested and just copy and paste articles if I feel led to post something.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg @Mz iMac @gadgetgal613 @gardenman @@@@Thank you!  LM