Respected Contributor

I've had a Tracfone LG800 for 1-1/2 years and it suits me perfectly. I don't use a cell phone often.

When you receive your package there will be instructions in there for you to call a certain phone number, or go online to activate the phone. Then part 2 is when you call HSN to get the 1500 minutes.

Good luck. I found it easy to set up.

Regular Contributor

I have had two Tracfone's and both of them were the worst electronic I have ever purchased. The first was through QVC and I sent it back....I thought I would give them another chance, so I purchased it at Walmart. I had SO MANY PROBLEMS with their customer service (which is located outside the US and the reps barely speak English!!) and they never got back to me, so I threw it in the trash. I tried to give this company a second chance and ended up blowing $150.00. If you want a reliable co,. try Consumer Cellular. They answer their phones on the 2nd ring and speak English...novel idea, huh? DON'T BOTHER WITH TRACFONE unless you want to end up frustrated and regret your choice...

Respected Contributor

I know several people with Tracfones and they haven't had any problems. If you story is really true why didn't you return it?

Super Contributor

for those that do not mind flip phones - today's radio shack ad had the tracfone LG440G for $4.99.

my mom still uses one - not with tracfone though. she does not care about anything newer - as long as she can reach someone or they can reach her in an emergency!

before i upgraded to an iphone - i used tracfone years ago and never had a problem with the service.

Honored Contributor

I love my Tracfone....

Its funny because I get better reception with it than my friends do with their high end Smart Phones and Sprint. I can even take photos with it too and send them to my PC.

I use my phone primarily to make/receive calls and occasionally text....I dont use it to for internet/email--- you can, but the model I have is not the best for that it eats the minutes...I have an LG....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have had a tracfone for about 5 years now. Currently I have an LG 840G which I love. Every year when my time is up I either buy a year of service or I upgrade to a newer and better phone - always keeping it under $100 for the year of service, plus min. When my phone runs out of time in July I will go to Radio Shack and look into what is available if I buy a new one or I may decide to stick with this phone and just buy min.You just have to shop around and see what is out there at the time you need it. This business always has deals. When we go to Pa for the summer my cell is my only phone so it has to get great reception and Tracfone definitely does.

Super Contributor

I would have one if I didn't have my kids home on the plan. Once they are on their own, I plan on getting a tracphone, just one less monthly expense.

Frequent Contributor
Had one for years, not use cell phone much basically if my kids need something or emergency and it has saved us a boat load of money. I highly recommend!
Honored Contributor

This is the best possible phone for kids - since it limits the usage to the amount of min you buy they have to learn to budget their cell phone usage.

Regular Contributor
On 4/8/2014 glb613 said:

I know several people with Tracfones and they haven't had any problems. If you story is really true why didn't you return it?

Car was in the shop for engine work, so no transportation to get to the store. Didn't find the reason to really be anyone's business why I threw it out.