Honored Contributor

I always buy my Tracfones at Radio Shack - then the SA completely - and free of charge - does all the dealing with Tracfone's customer service to get my min and days transferred over. Their customer service is very difficult to deal with - though I have never needed them for anything other than setting up my new phones.

Super Contributor
On 4/13/2014 LEXIE said:
On 4/8/2014 glb613 said:

I know several people with Tracfones and they haven't had any problems. If you story is really true why didn't you return it?

Car was in the shop for engine work, so no transportation to get to the store. Didn't find the reason to really be anyone's business why I threw it out.

This just struck me so funny! Honestly, I would have been so mad after purchasing a second phone that was no good, I would have waited till the car was running and returned it instead of throwing it out.

Respected Contributor
On 4/13/2014 LEXIE said:
On 4/8/2014 glb613 said:

I know several people with Tracfones and they haven't had any problems. If you story is really true why didn't you return it?

Car was in the shop for engine work, so no transportation to get to the store. Didn't find the reason to really be anyone's business why I threw it out.

When you put "your business" out on a public board, expect replies.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2014 LEXIE said:

I have had two Tracfone's and both of them were the worst electronic I have ever purchased. The first was through QVC and I sent it back....I thought I would give them another chance, so I purchased it at Walmart. I had SO MANY PROBLEMS with their customer service (which is located outside the US and the reps barely speak English!!) and they never got back to me, so I threw it in the trash. I tried to give this company a second chance and ended up blowing $150.00. If you want a reliable co,. try Consumer Cellular. They answer their phones on the 2nd ring and speak English...novel idea, huh? DON'T BOTHER WITH TRACFONE unless you want to end up frustrated and regret your choice...

Why were you calling customer service? To get the phone set up? You can do that online without having to call them unless you have min to be transferred over - then you are stuck calling them. I would certainly not have ever thrown away a $150 item I was unhappy with - I would have returned it. perhaps you should get some control over your temper.

Contributor
On 4/14/2014 glb613 said:
On 4/13/2014 LEXIE said:
On 4/8/2014 glb613 said:

"Replies" are one thing and to be expected. Personal attacks are completely different. Maybe it's just your tone.

Respected Contributor
On 4/16/2014 Inwe Calafalas said:
On 4/14/2014 glb613 said:
On 4/13/2014 LEXIE said:
On 4/8/2014 glb613 said:

"Replies" are one thing and to be expected. Personal attacks are completely different. Maybe it's just your tone.

Sorry, but it seems really stupid to not return a defective product.