Esteemed Contributor

Ipad mail help pls ... Issues with deleting acct

Hi ipad experts. Here' stone for you. While away, I added DH email acct so he could check his mail. Of course, all 545 emails showed up. Now I want to delete the account and I get a warning msg that says I will lose all IMAP notes from ipad if I delete. Is this from my notes app? Help, don't want to lose that. Oh, and the 545 emails ... Don't go there lol. TIA. LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Ipad mail help pls ... Issues with deleting acct

If I were you I wouldn't take any chances of deleting something you didn't want. I'd call the Apple people (I've done that) or go to the Apple store (you can make an appt and they will help you in person).

Super Contributor

i think you go to settings, mail, click on the account you want to delete (your DH), then delete. Is that what you have done and you are receiving that message? I think that means for the account you are deleting.

Oh, I have experienced that 545 email stuff too. I know exactly how you feel. I recently had to rebuild by iPhone and when i reset the email account everything from the past loaded up. Grrrr.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks annabellethecat and Lynnj. I think I will just delete the hotmail account. If some of my notes go, so be it. My own notes sometimes end up in my yahoo account so they should be ok. Will check notes first, delete and then check again. I'll let you know what happens. Lynnj, he has 545 emails on the home computer too. What's a woman to do? He likes it that way so I just roll with it BUT not on my ipad haha. Thanks again girls. LM

Esteemed Contributor

Update ... Appears that my 'notes' are ok! LM

Super Contributor

Cool. Glad it worked out for you. I had a feeling that the message was about the account you were deleting, not your stuff.