Super Contributor

Re: Information on how to get anti virus protection for new Ipad

Apple tests all apps before posting them on the App Store for malware, therefore anti virus protection is not needed on the iPad or iPhone at this time.
Valued Contributor

On 7/16/2014 Lilysmom said:

Can you use a prepaid iTunes card to open your iTunes account? I never use my credit card on iTunes, just the card. Also, I never use virus protection on ipad and haven't had any issues so far. Hope I don't tempt fate with that comment! LM

I ONLY use prepaid iTunes cards, never entered my CC. Keeps me in check when buying music and other media. PayPal shopping is dangerous enough!
Trusted Contributor

I have an IPad and an iPhone and I don't have virus protection. You don't need it.
Super Contributor

On 8/21/2014 rac71 said:
On 7/16/2014 Lilysmom said:

Can you use a prepaid iTunes card to open your iTunes account? I never use my credit card on iTunes, just the card. Also, I never use virus protection on ipad and haven't had any issues so far. Hope I don't tempt fate with that comment! LM

I ONLY use prepaid iTunes cards, never entered my CC. Keeps me in check when buying music and other media. PayPal shopping is dangerous enough!

A tip on getting 'free' money to fund your iPad or Kindle habit. Save all the coins you get in change and instead of taking them to the bank, check to see if you have a Coinstar machine in your area:

https://www.coinstar.com/kioskfinder/

Type in your zip code, locate a kiosk close to you and check out the details of that machine. It will tell you if they offer gift cards/eCertificates for iTunes, Amazon, and other stores. Saving your change is a great way to fund your addiction. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The neat thing about converting your change into eCertificates is that you get 100% of the value of the coins. If you converted your coins to bills, the vendor keeps 10%. I always pay with bills now -- saving all my change to cash in twice a year for iTunes credit. I can buy apps, movies, eBooks, magazines, etc. I always keep a credit on my iTunes account.

Respected Contributor

I didn't think you needed virus protection for Apple products......