Honored Contributor

Re: In The Market For A New Laptop

I bought a MacBook Air in December of last year and love it!  I bought it from the Apple store, and they set it up for me.  They have classes in the store that will help you.  I had a Dell prior to getting my MacBook Air.  I am thrilled with my laptop.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Jordan any updates,i am wondering what you bought? I am looking to buy a new laptop.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Jordan2 et al for your comments.  My HP is four years old.  I think I'm headed to apple next time as well.  Interesting to see what everyone's experience is.  On thing amazes me ... That Dell can still sell computers.  Never again will I own one of those.  JUNK IMO!!! 

Good of luck with your purchases everyone!  LM

Honored Contributor

For those of you who have made the switch from a PC to a Mac, did you find it difficult to use it? My nephew says it's very different from what I'm use to. I'm afraid I won't get the hang of it. I have an iPod and iPad and am fine with them.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

For those of you who have made the switch from a PC to a Mac, did you find it difficult to use it? My nephew says it's very different from what I'm use to. I'm afraid I won't get the hang of it. I have an iPod and iPad and am fine with them.

So you have not bought one yet? Just want to understand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I didn't have a hard time getting used to it.  They have classes at the Apple store that you can sign up for.  You can either go to free classes or pay for a year's worth of private classes on things you specifically want to learn.  You can also just Google your questions and usually you'll find your answer.  I really love mine.  I can't imagine ever going back to a PC.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

No I'm waiting until  my computer dies! Also if you knew me you'd know I have trouble deciding what food to order let alone a purchase like a computer!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

No I'm waiting until  my computer dies! Also if you knew me you'd know I have trouble deciding what food to order let alone a purchase like a computer!

@Jordan2

Please backup your data. You do not want to lose anything.

Super Contributor

Today, for my birthday, my husband bought me a MacBook Air, and I just love it. I had an 8 year old Mac and also loved it.  I had no problems with viruses. It just began getting very slow. The online Apple service is great. I'm going to take some refresher courses which are free. I bought it directly from an Apple store. I was able to get a teacher discount of $50 which was fine by me. I know it's more expensive from the other laptops, but if this laptop does as well as my last one, I feel it's worth it. Good luck. I hope you find the best laptop for you.

Esteemed Contributor

We [my husband and two daughters] have two HP laptops a Toshiba and now we recently brought a Acer that I love. The CS is great too. I would buy any PC but a Dell they went Global and the CS is a terrible. And I agree with the other poster that said they break down after a year. I would also not order any electric from QVC they are known to sell older items with software that people will never need or use.  Happy shopping O/P.