Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you're interested in an inexpensive tablet

I would never get another tablet with windows 10 .. a lot of headaches. I had a RCA TABLET  back in the day and hated every minute I had it. I have a android tablet now and will never go to a Apple [too over priced and over rated] or a windows 10 again. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HpALRATIBA wrote:

I got a really good deal on a tablet .... free when I bought my iPhone and signed a two-year contract.

Contract wasn't a problem.  I have been with AT&T since 2001.

How is that a good deal? Your stuck paying for a phone for two years, so your tablet was not free .....I swear there is a live one born  every minuteWoman LOLSmiley LOLWoman Surprised.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@HpALRATIBA wrote:

I got a really good deal on a tablet .... free when I bought my iPhone and signed a two-year contract.

How is that a good deal? Your stuck paying for a phone for two years, so your tablet was not free .....I swear there is a live one born  every minuteWoman LOLSmiley LOLWoman Surprised.

Whut??

You have to pay for phones one way or another. You either pay in full up front or get one on a contract.  You’re also not “stuck paying for a phone for two years” - you can pay a device off early if you choose. You will not have paid more for the phone in any case.

The “contract” is for service with the carrier. If you like your carrier or only one carrier in your area provides sufficient service, why would you care that you’re “stuck” with it? Contract or no contract, you may well be stuck anyway depending on where you live.

The “free” tablet was likely a promo from AT&T to engage customer loyalty. The phone didn’t cost more on a 2-yr plan than it would have cost if bought outright. You don’t have to literally take 24 months to pay it off, it’s your choice to pay it off early if you choose to.

In many areas that are well-serviced by the four major carriers, there are only 1-2 that work best anyway. Most people choose their carrier by service, not just price. You can get the cheapest deal on the planet for monthly service, but what good is that if you get no service?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I would never get another tablet with windows 10 .. a lot of headaches. I had a RCA TABLET  back in the day and hated every minute I had it. I have a android tablet now and will never go to a Apple [too over priced and over rated] or a windows 10 again. Woman Very Happy

Windows 10 was just release in 2015.  What operating system are you currently using?

Valued Contributor

It may not work for everyone -- it works for my purposes.  I need the adobe flash and java and I like being able to connect and share files with my desktop PC.  For $49 it was a win/win.  Not meant to open a debate between what does or doesn't work for anyone else just thought some might be interested in the half price deal.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Windows 10 was just release in 2015.  What operating system are you currently using?

I use a android tablet  I would never buy a tablet with windows 10 its enough I have that on my computers. [three years ago in the computer devices is back in the day Woman LOL]

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@HpALRATIBA wrote:

Whut??

You have to pay for phones one way or another. You either pay in full up front or get one on a contract.  You’re also not “stuck paying for a phone for two years” - you can pay a device off early if you choose. You will not have paid more for the phone in any case.

The “contract” is for service with the carrier. If you like your carrier or only one carrier in your area provides sufficient service, why would you care that you’re “stuck” with it? Contract or no contract, you may well be stuck anyway depending on where you live.

The “free” tablet was likely a promo from AT&T to engage customer loyalty. The phone didn’t cost more on a 2-yr plan than it would have cost if bought outright. You don’t have to literally take 24 months to pay it off, it’s your choice to pay it off early if you choose to.

In many areas that are well-serviced by the four major carriers, there are only 1-2 that work best anyway. Most people choose their carrier by service, not just price. You can get the cheapest deal on the planet for monthly service, but what good is that if you get no service?

By the way they are going to charge you a fee for the so called "free device" also, they will charge you for data and get you started with the device. I had ATT also so I know what I am talking about. You are financing both devices check your bill the two device charges will be there. Just FYI.

Honored Contributor

I don't think AT&T is a rip-off company. I recently had my Directv system upgraded, which btw is owned by ATT. Also, since I do not have a cellphone contract and don't plan on getting one ever, I just purchased one year of ATT's pre-paid cellphone service for $50. It gives me exactly what I need with no extra stuff I will never use. It's not a rip-off, it's common sense.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think AT&T is a rip-off company. I recently had my Directv system upgraded, which btw is owned by ATT. Also, since I do not have a cellphone contract and don't plan on getting one ever, I just purchased one year of ATT's pre-paid cellphone service for $50. It gives me exactly what I need with no extra stuff I will never use. It's not a rip-off, it's common sense.

@SilleeMee. Yes, I agree with you about AT&T. The operative words here being "common sense".