Occasional Contributor

Idacat - Anyone - Please help me w/printer. Thank you!

Wanting to set up my TSV Acer Netbook to print to my wireless kodak 5250 printer.

(I already print to my wireless printer from a desktop and a HP laptop with no problems).

Last night I went to Kodak website and downloaded printer driver to the Acer Netbook, also an update popped up--so I did that also. I made sure I chose the correct model number and 32 bit f/the Acer f/the download.

NOW, my wireless printer won't print. Not from the laptop or the netbook. The blue wifi light on front of printer is NOT on. I guess the printer isn't connecting to my network. So I guess my computers aren't recognizing the printer-right?

All the computers are showing the wifi connection & I can get on internet (if you need to know that).

Have shut all things down-restarted. Have unplugged power cords-restarted -nothing.

Followed all directions from online printer's manual & when I get through the steps on the printer's screen - it goes to "searching for network" and just keeps running forever - never finding it.

Manual says something about the IP address on the printer's screen CAN'T have all zeros--but mine IS showing all zeros. It gives instructions how to put that info in---but when I do what it says- it goes to "searching f/network" and you CAN'T get to a place on the screen to put the needed info in!

Does anyone know what I can do? School starting soon & I NEED my printer! I am so worried. I can't do w/o it. THANK YOU-THANK YOU for any help or ideas!!!

I don't even need to print from the Acer - I can forget that. I just need to know how to get my printer back to normal & I will just use my HP laptop for school.

THANK YOU!!! Sue.