Honored Contributor

Re: IPhone vs Samsung opinions wanted

I've had the Samsung brand many times as well as Motorola and LG---not a fan of any of them. Now I have a new IPhone 11 and have to say, am an IOS convert. I love that dang thing--am 67 so understand needing a bigger screen--this one works well for me. It is my home phone too. Was easy to set up and use. Screen size is 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 ---a good size for me. got it from the apple store and use xfinity as my carrier.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I understand that this month Apple is offering IPhones at deep discounts and you can purchase a Iphone 12 at a great price  the 12s come in the mni and regular size.  My hairdresser purchased one from her phone  supplier and got a 12 for $500 and a Iphone watch free.  Apple want to get rid of 12s because the 13s are coming in.  Contact your phone supplier for the deals.  My hairdresser had ATT Coverage for her phone and she got a great deal by going to the ATT store in her area.

Trusted Contributor

@sann wrote:

I've had both, but prefer Apple.... There's touch ID and Apple Pay and customer service is good just to mention a few reasons. 

Same here. I am so deep in the Apple ecosystem I can never leave. I love so many features about Apple. I honestly cannot imagine my life without them.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't own an IPhone even if I got one for free,

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely IPhone. We've had them for many years and are on a family plan with a sibling and family. Also have IPad and Macs. Everyone must do what is best for them as we all have different needs for devices.

Respected Contributor

I have a 4-5 year old Galaxy J7 through tracfone and am thinking of upgrading to an unlocked iphone 13 max pro because of the camera.  I also have an older ipad and a windows desktop. 

Have always purchased electronics that are at least a year old and might not do that this time. 

There is a lot of additional Samsung apps that came with my phone and drove me crazy. .

My original plan was to get the ipad mini to have something smaller to carry than my 9.7 inch ipad pro but the reviews indicated it has some "jelly roll" with the screen and Apple is saying that's normal. So I will wait to see more reviews and probably check it out size-wise in a store before purchase. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2  Why the bad feelings about Apple? Also I too am from pure Michigan, now retired in Florida with the rest of the old people. 😁

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

So much good advice, info from everyone. Thanks!!!
ok here is a serious question that may sound stupid but I really want to know- 

so many people are going gaga over the fabulous cameras on the newest smartphones. That's nice but what are you doing with these pro quality photos? Mine generally stay on my device. Often I post to Facebook. So why should I need a super expensive phone for the state of the art camera?? 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I had android phones for about 10 to 15 years, the last being a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (purchased when it just came out).  Bought it for the big screen and would never go back to a small phone.  Had that phone for about 5 years and loved most things about it and finally changed to Apple for the following reasons:   My husband, son and grandsons are all on iPhones, I was not compatible with the group texts,  my note 4 was outdated and having problems finally, my carrier service had become terrible (Net10), Net10 had set up my phone and I had trouble with the settings from the beginning, and iPhone was recommended by all of my family.

I have the iPhone 12 Pro and the IPad Pro 12 inch.  It wasn't that hard to adjust to the iOS system.  I am old (over 65) and I could do it.  I would talk to the sales person at T Mobile for their opinion.  I never used all the camera functions in my old phone and am trying to do so now.  I am happy with the IPhone 12 Pro (was their top model when I purchased) and have had no problems so far.  The one thing I notice is that the iOS system seems easier to navigate than the samsung.  Everyone told me it would be but I didn't really believe that but it seems to be true for me.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

I am the only person in my extended family of iPhones and Ipads to use Android. They have to send text messages to my phone.

I have used Verizon and  Samsung phones since flip phones were popular. 

Today, I have a Note 10 + and a two Samsung tablets as my primary devices. My phone will only get two more years of security updates. 

A  Samsung phone A32 and higher will get 3 Android upgrades and a last year of security patches. 

It is not safe using a phone without security updates. 

JMO, 

I could recommend you a few good quality Samsung phones, but you are a iPhone person. 

Dr Tech is a YouTube channel where you can see the basic features of a phone set to music. 

Techmeout has a video on her YouTube channel talking about changing platforms. 

Apple didn't make any significant changes in the IPhone 13 so You may want to buy a IPhone 12.