Respected Contributor

IOS9 ready for download......

Mine just finished........you'll notice the change!
Honored Contributor

Re: IOS9 ready for download......

@HULAGIRL wrote:
Mine just finished........you'll notice the change!

In a good way or bad way?  I'm always suspicious of these "upgrades".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You'll have to do a set up again, but it only takes a couple seconds to do.....I like to delete my browsing history after every time I stop browsing and it took me a minute to figure that out....so far no problems. When you swipe upward to close an app, it pushes it to the side and and you swipe up from there.......I'm still playing!
Respected Contributor

I'm waiting until I get back from a vacation.  I updated the day before a trip several years ago and what a mistake. 

Honored Contributor

I updated my phone and iPad last night.  It went fine.  Haven't really had time to play around yet to see what the change are.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the thread, @HULAGIRL!  Lots of improvements, from what I've seen so far.

~~~~~~

Important:

Please backup your device before installing.

~~~~~~

"Compatible devices:

iOS 9 works with all devices that are able to run iOS 8, including the older A5-based iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Compatible devices include the iPhone 4s and newer, the iPad 2 and newer, and the original iPad mini and newer.

How to get it:

iOS 9 was released to the public on Wednesday, September 16, 2015. It is available immediately through an over-the-air update that's accessible by opening the Settings app and going to General --> Software update. It requires 1.3 GB of free space to install and is available on all devices that were able to run iOS 8, including the iPhone 4s and later, the iPad 2 and later, and all iPad mini models."

(note:  You also can download by launching iTunes on your computer and connecting the device.)

~~~~~~

There are many changes are several good articles online, here's one very detailed description with images:

iOS 9: Hidden Features, Details, and Availability

Link goes to:  http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ios-9/

(complete downloading instructions:  http://www.imore.com/how-to-download-ios-9)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Additional note:

New iTunes update version 12.3 with support for iOS 9 and the soon-to-be-released OS X El Capitan.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Thanks hulagirl.  Updated my phone and ipad last night.  Took awhile but had no problems.  So far I am liking the changes.

I was a little disappointed the watch update wasn't ready but would rather they fix the bug first.  

Honored Contributor

Tech Insider has some articles to help you make the most of the iOS 9 update.

20 of the Biggest Changes in iOS 9: http://www.techinsider.io/20-of-the-biggest-changes-in-ios-9-2015-9

16 Tips and Tricks You Need to Master iOS 9: http://www.techinsider.io/tips-and-tricks-to-master-ios-9-2015-9

Unless there's a security issue, I usually wait a few days or a week before I update. After iOS 8 bricked quite a few phones, I'm in no hurry, even if iOS 9 does have some features I'm really looking forward to.

When one version came out and deleted Google Maps and swapped irt out for Apple Maps, didn't update my iOS until months later when Google came out with a Maps App for iOS. Even the latest version of Apple Maps STILL doesn't include the public transportation information that Google Maps has, and I use that frequently when I travel.

Honored Contributor

So far I'm likng the update a lot.

MUCH easier to type on my iPad.