Respected Contributor

Anybody out there use an I Phone with Tracfone? If so, pros and cons??   I currently have a Samsung and before that LG.  They are ok and Tracfone is all I need but I am considering the Iphone for my next one...maybe!!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I've never seen an IPhone offered through Tracfone.  It was my understanding that Tracfone only does Android phones.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I have an iPhone 6 that I transferred over to Tracfone.  No problems.  It works just like it should.  If you don't purchase the phone from them, they will send you the SIM card to install.  I love my iPhone and as you said, Tracfone is all I need.

Honored Contributor

*deleted*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My friend bought her iPhone through trackphone replacing an android.

Honored Contributor

Good grief.  Why do people answer a question when they do not have he foggiest idea of what they are talking about?  It makes no sense and it doesn't help the OP.  As someone else said, you can use an i phone wih Trac, call customer service to enroll and they will send  the sim card to you.  I know 2 people who did that.  What SOME people don't understand is that Tracphone is not a PHONE.  It's a cell phone service.  People bring their own phones.  Tracfone does not just offer the inexpensive cheap little phones, they also offer many models of smart phones now and they have for some time now. I think most are models of Galaxy.  Enjoy your i phone and your Tracfone serice.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

My friend bought her iPhone through trackphone replacing an android.

Cool.  I didn't know that Trafone sold iPhones, I knew they sold Android Smart Phones. 

Esteemed Contributor

My son will need to replace his phone within next couple of months (he prefers a late model Samsung).  Since these phones are ridiculously expensive (as someone said on another thread "more expensive than my first car") and my Son has an entry level job, I am giving him a $200 Amazon card for his birthday in Nov and another $200 card as part of his Christmas gift. Amazon has many phones in that price range (many refurbished); if he pays for his own phone he doesn't need another contract.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Anybody out there use an I Phone with Tracfone? If so, pros and cons??   I currently have a Samsung and before that LG.  They are ok and Tracfone is all I need but I am considering the Iphone for my next one...maybe!!

Lots of people use iPhones with Tracfone. Tracfone sells the iPhone 6 through their website. I'm not sure if the later models of iPhone are compatible or not, but you could check to be certain. The pros are cost (lower and no locked in price,) good coverage, and more control. The cons are you have to supply the phone yourself. Tracfone used to be more expensive if you made a lot of calls/texts and had to buy more airtime constantly, but they now also have unlimited plans where you pay $20-30 per month (depending on how much data you also want) and you get unlimited texts and calls. (Not unlimited data however.) So, now Tracfone with those unlimited talk and text plans solves that issue. If you don't mind buying a phone yourself upfront, then Tracfone is a very, very good option for you.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!