Respected Contributor

Re: I ordered my new phone today!

Thanks for the amazing review!  Quick question.  I have YouTube Music, as well.  (Love!)  I assumed since my music is already downloaded to a micro SD card, that when I put the card in a new phone, it will be there and I won't have to do anything else.  No?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Thanks for the amazing review!  Quick question.  I have YouTube Music, as well.  (Love!)  I assumed since my music is already downloaded to a micro SD card, that when I put the card in a new phone, it will be there and I won't have to do anything else.  No?

My old Optimo Maxx had an issue with the downloaded files. I'd go to play something and I'd get an error message saying the file couldn't be found. It would show me the album cover and the list of songs, but then when I'd go to play them they weren't there. I'd have to download them again and then they'd play but if I went back later they'd be gone again. I was never sure if it was a hardware, software, Micro SD card, or combination issue. Since I mostly listen to music at home I would just stream my saved music from the YouTube Music cloud instead of downloading it to the phone. This time everything seems to be working right with the downloaded music. (Granted, I'm less than 24 hours in, so we'll see what happens over time.) I'm listening to my Diana Krall "Live in Paris" download on my headphones as I type this and it's working perfectly.

I used the camera this morning and it's also very nice. Just some outdoor garden photos, but it did a very nice job with them. I haven't shot any video yet, but I expect it to do a good job on that also. I still haven't used the stylus for anything yet, but I'll play with that a bit later today. All in all, I'm very happy with the phone now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the response, and great to know!  I am also happy that you like the Spigen case!

Honored Contributor

The Spigen case is very nice. Amazon had two. A cheaper one at $9.99 and mine at $16.99. Mine had extra padding and if I'd bought the cheap one and the phone broke in a drop I'd be annoyed I didn't buy the better one. So, I bought the better one 

Finally finished downloading the music. Played with the stylus a bit and it works well also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay : Thank you for the phone information. I need to look on HSN. Please keep us posted about your phone.

Honored Contributor

I'm another who wasn't aware LG has gotten out of the phone business.  Our last five or six phones have been LG and we've been really pleased with them.

I just added another year's service to both my and my husband's phones, as we didn't want to switch to a new one (have had the LG Premier Pro Plus) for less than a year, so we're good till October 2022.

Having said that, I'll keep an eye on the Moto G Stylus, as we had Motorola phones years back and really liked them.  I'm not a fan of Samsung; too many people I know have had too many glitches with them.

@gardenman - Thank you for the detailed review of your new phone.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@kittykatkay : Thank you for the phone information. I need to look on HSN. Please keep us posted about your phone.

@SouthernBee ...did you find something yet?  They also have just reduced the "Tracfone 6.29" Motorola e Smartphone with 1500 min/text/data here at QVC...Item #: E-234840.  From $95.45 down to $59.99 plus shipping...if you are interested in that one.

Tracfone 6.29" Motorola e Smartphone with 1500 Talk/Text/Data - E234840

Honored Contributor

Just a quick update. I still love the phone and have had no issues with it. The Spigen case with the kickstand is fantastic. I use the kickstand more than I'd thought I would. And miracle of miracles, the phone hasn't gone on a better sale since I bought it. Whew! I was anticipating it getting marked down a ton after I bought it, but no. If I'd waited until now to buy it (my old service would have expired on 9/23 so this would be time to buy new) I'd have to buy it at full price. Everything worked out very, very well.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman I had been thinking that you did the smart thing by pulling the trigger when you did. I have this phone saved in my QVC and HSN wish lists.  It hasn't gone below 199. I don't need service until May of next year, but I usually end up buying a phone early, because of finding a good deal… Mostly thanks to you. That's why I have my current Motorola phone, which is the one you had previous to this one. If I end up buying the phone that you have now, I will be asking you about which case you got, as I am a big Spigen fan.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

Yeah, I've been very pleased to see it not get marked down to a much lower price. I had nightmares of finding it at $129.99 a week or two after I bought it, but no. The price has stayed between $199-$229. Getting it for $174.99 with free S&H was a good deal.

The case is the Spigen Tough Armor Designed for Moto G Stylus 2021. It's $16.99 at Amazon. The little kickstand on it is really handy. I was just using it again yesterday. The case isn't bulky but is really a nice fit, the buttons work well. The kickstand clicks into place when you're not using it, but comes out easily when you want it. I haven't been bouncing the phone off of concrete so I can't vouch for its protection ability, but it seems well made and well-cushioned. I gave it a five-star review on Amazon.

Spigen has another cheaper case for $9.99 that's missing the kickstand and some of the padding but I opted for the more expensive one because if I'd dropped the phone in the cheaper case and broke it, I'd be mad at myself for not buying the better case. The extra $7 wasn't too bad and the case is very nice.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!