Control Panel

Click Connections:WIFI(your name)

Click Wireless Properties

Click Security

Click Box Show Characters

Your password should now show

OR

Go to You Tube-Luzan Baral 2018

That is correct. Do that and you will see your wi-fi password.

You can also view the instructions on Microsoft's site here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023501/windows-find-wireless-network-password#:~:text=In%2....

Honored Contributor

Re: I need help setting up my AMAZON FIRE 7

@shaggygirl    Some CS tech person taught me a neat trick when I was fumbling around trying to read small print.  She said to take a picture of it with my cell phone.  Sure enough, it was then easily readable plus I have it permanently when I need it again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@shaggygirl    Some CS tech person taught me a neat trick when I was fumbling around trying to read small print.  She said to take a picture of it with my cell phone.  Sure enough, it was then easily readable plus I have it permanently when I need it again.

@Kachina624 

That's a good idea because I had to get down on my old creaky knees to see the label, get back up (ouch), go find the magnifying glass, get back down to read it to him and get back up. Two get downs and two get back ups which was easy back in the day. That day is long gone. The stupid thing was placed in a stupid spot years ago, on the floor between a night stand and a bed and not a lot of cord to pull it out to have a look see without disturbing other stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    I tried using your method on my Android tablet.  When I got to "Security", I found a padlock on it and could go no further.  Oh well....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee    I tried using your method on my Android tablet.  When I got to "Security", I found a padlock on it and could go no further.  Oh well....

@Kachina624 

I believe those Microsoft instructions are for Windows pc, not android tablets.

Your pc would be where to look for your password to put on a tablet. If you already have a tablet connected to your wifi and need to add another tablet to that network then the instructions for that are different...that's android.

Esteemed Contributor

@@DJP wrote:

@January121 

Control Panel

Click Connections:WIFI(your name)

Click Wireless Properties

Click Security

Click Box Show Characters

Your password should now show

OR

Go to You Tube-Luzan Baral 2018

@DJP  .... I looked at this video & it’s for a regular lap top ... not what I need ... THANKS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I purchased the Amazon Fire 7 from QVC & I’m trying to set it up so I can use it... ... it’s asking me for my WIFI password & I don’t know it ... I have other equipment that connects to my WIFI automatically when I turn it on so I haven’t got a clue where I can find it ..... would it be stored somewhere on my ipad or my phone?

Thanks for your help .... 😃

Your other equipement connects automatically because they were

initially connected using the wifi password.  Most newer routers have the default user name and password located on the router itself.  Look at either the bottom or side of the router and see if the information is there. 

@glb613  ... I tried that ... the password is not there .... Thanks for trying to help me 😃

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I rent my router from Spectrum and the wifi password is printed on that router on a label.

@alicedee  ... I rent my router from Spectrum  too .... I tried everything but nothing works 😢

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  ... GREAT IDEA ... THANKS!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I rent my router from Spectrum and the wifi password is printed on that router on a label.

@alicedee  ... I rent my router from Spectrum  too .... I tried everything but nothing works 😢

@January121 

LOL. You have not tried everything.

Take a photo of the bottom of your router(the key password) with your iPad. You can enlarge the view.

Please do a Google search. How to find the password of a Spectrum router?