Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm looking for a new Tracfone.

@gardenman  I find your situation stressful and I hope it resolves tomorrow.  I think my biggest fear when switching over is that something will go wrong and I will lose my phone number that I've had for 15 years.  Hopefully, by tomorrow you will be up and running!  I wonder how that system error happens.  Have you ever had an issue before?  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77.

The good news is I still have my old phone up and running with my old number, so I don't have to worry about losing my number. Apparently there's some issue with my file that's causing the trouble. I've been with Tracfone forever (maybe 20 years as my first phone was a bigger handheld with the antenna you would have to pull out) and apparently somewhere in my file is an issue that's preventing the transfer. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman

Thank you so much for all the info you post here, it has been very helpful and saved me so much time and stress!

I have had the LG Ultimate 2 for almost 3 years, and decided on a new phone, first for husband and then for me.  Got the LG Premier that was the TSV and with your tips activated it yesterday on the Tracfone website, ported his old number easily, and all the apps moved to the new phone during this process.  

I used your tip on the transfer wizard and that was fun and easy and all the contacts, photos, phone log, whatever we chose to move went fast and smoothly.  

Everything including voicemail setup transferred so the new phone was ready and running in no time.  I was so suprised, was ready for calling or customer service or something.  The new minutes etc. showed up perfectly on his online account.

I like the Premier so much I ordered myself one today.  It is easy to use after the Ultimate 2, not too much new to figure out.  Love the bright big screen!  Seems faster and the sound quality when he called me on my car speakers was super good.  He is sooooo happy with it.

Honored Contributor

@author 

That Transfer Wizard app is really neat. I was very impressed by it. Google and Tracfone make it pretty easy to upgrade to a new phone. I'm glad the information made your transition easier.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Occasional Contributor

i just got the lg fiesta 5.5 screen 16 gb can add up to a 2tb micro sd card and a 13mpix camera have had it a few weeks and i love it . you can split the screen and see two apps at the same time  the new androids dont have the triple min they use the smart phone cards , you can get a 1 yesr card with 1500 min, text,data for $118 on trac fone website so if you do the math it works out about the same as 1 year 400 min tripled for $99   i got this phone on hsn website hope this helps!!

Occasional Contributor

I got the lg fiesta from hsn 16 gb. Can add up to a 2tb sd card 13 pix camera runs android 7 no triple min uses only smart phone cards but I did the math and you get more minutes for a little more $ works out about the same I love this phone. 5.5 screen thought it would be to big but it's not!!! Let me say again I love this phone!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@indyfan I agree with you about the LG Fiesta Tracfone. Best Tracfone I ever had and the easiest to transfer my minutes and phone number. I also have had my phone number for over 15 years and I had no problem transferring it. Don't let this scare you from purchasing. Call Tracfone and that to me was the easiest as there is no problem when I speak to them as when I tried to do this online. I have always had excellent service from their CS and they speak to you every step of the way explaining what they are doing. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I got the LG Fiesta as well and absolutely love the phone!  I'm not impressed at all with the Samsung TS  QVC will sell on the 28th.  Thought it would have all the updates the LG has.  Not.  You can still buy it for $139. at HSN, same price as they are selling the upcoming Samsung Galaxy J7. Woman Wink