Occasional Contributor

I'm looking for a new TV. Need brand suggestions. Do you have any?

Hi,

Please help. I can't decide. thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm looking for a new TV. Need brand suggestions. Do you have any?

Hi @Lilith1   I've had good luck with LG brand.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Occasional Contributor

Hi, thank you. Do you have a model in particular? The one that needs to be replaced was 20+ yrs sharp tv. It never had any problem until it just gave up. I've seen bad reviews for the brand. It is hard to decide.

Honored Contributor

@Lilith1   I have two Samsungs that I'm very happy with.  When I need to replace one of them I will probably buy another Samsung.  My newest one is a couple of years old, and my older one is about five years old.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I am looking for a new tv also.  I've got my eye on the Sony OLED and LG OLED tv 55 in.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilith1 :  We live in a small town, three hours North of Phoenix.  The last time we bought a new big screen t.v. we were afraid we would need to buy it at Costco and get it home in our truck but we came up with a better option.  We bought our Panasonic from Amazon, after our tech savvy adult son checked the specs and the reviews on Amazon.  Once we selected what we wanted we ordered from Amazon and set was here in two days; it's a great t.v.

Honored Contributor

We just bought an LG 4K OLED 55" smart TV. 

Respected Contributor

LG, Samsung and Visio have been great for me and have great customer care service (which is a huge plus when I buy).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Lilith1  I bought a large (40 inch) LG TV 5 or so years ago.  It's considered a SMART TV which I probably would avoid in the future, lol.

My smaller 26 in TVs are not SMART LG TVs and they seem to work better for me. 

My 'big' TV is not only SMART, it's 3D, lol.  The remote control was called a SMART wand and it ate batteries like they were going outta style.  

I found out that a run of the mill LG remote also worked on the TV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A brand that has been on the rise in popularity,  affordability and reliability is TCL. They are the most popular brand sold in China and has become an excellent choice for those looking to get great features at a reasonable cost.  I own one that came with Roku built in and it has such a good picture. Easy to set up and the remote control is so user friendly. I would buy another TCL in a heartbeat. Great TV.

My other big TV is 65" LG 4K OLED...expensive but that's OLED...not to be confused with QLED (Samsung), different technologies.

When you buy a new TV today, you are buying today's technology. In just a blink of an eye, that 'new' technology is old. So my advice is to buy a TV with the features you need and one that doesn't cost a bunch. It will be obsolete before you know it. 4K TVs have come down drastically in price...8K TVs are up and running and that's the reason why.

A good place to read about TV reviews, features,  brands...etc...is CNET dot com. They will show you places to buy them, too.