Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got my new iPad today!!

@SeaMaiden  I paid $329 for my iPad.As I said before this is my first Apple product.Before I purchased it I did a lot of research between some of the different iPad models.I compared price as well as features.The differences between the one I bought & the IPad Air was that the iPad Air has an anti glare screen.This is important if you're going to use it outdoors.The coating process to cut the glare is expensive.Since I only use my tablet indoors that is not an issue for me.Therefore,I opted to save the extra money & purchased the new 2017 model.

I also don't need more than 32 gigs.My Android only has 16 gigs.I've had it for 2 1/2 years & I still have plenty of space left.So I saved $$ there too.

I also bought a beautiful faux leather case on Amazon for about $15 which incl. shipping.

I'm extremely pleased with my choice.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Can I ask those who have moved up to a newer iPad.... What do you do with your older one that is not working as well due to not being able to  accept the newer updates??  Do you just recycle it where  you recycle old computers and such or  Donate to Good Will  or who ever?

@Previously, I had given it to a family member. This last time before New Years I was able to get a keyboard case by trading it in @ Verizon store. Would be doing trade-ins from now on, phone or iPad. It helps with needed accessories.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Can I ask those who have moved up to a newer iPad.... What do you do with your older one that is not working as well due to not being able to  accept the newer updates??  Do you just recycle it where  you recycle old computers and such or  Donate to Good Will  or who ever?

I just got a new one this weekend 

im giving mine to my daughter not sure what she's going to use it for, it's ok as an ereader etc or to watch Netflix, which is probably what they are going to use it for 

what ever u do be sure to sign the old device out of your iTunes as well as deleting the content 

i would probably recycle it at the electronics recyclcing day 

Honored Contributor

@fenway wrote:

I LOVE my iPad!!!! Is there an Apple Store near you? They offer classes on how to use the ipad. My ipad would Not open one morning, I called their number but was on hold for a long time so I went to the Apple Store at the Mall, It would be a long wait BUT when I told the person taking names what was wrong she called another sales person over and he hooked it up to their ipad and in seconds had it FIXED and I was on my way!! My iPad is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I look at before lights out!!

Me, too regarding the last line in your post, @fenway.  I'm actually embarrassed by that.  This iPad is always next to me in bed or on the nightstand next to the bed.  I have it in the Charge over night.  I have two minis and one regular sized one.  One mini is always in my tote bag for travel.  I keep one next to my computer, too, because the computers is always freezing on me.

I want the iPad Pro but not sure whether to get the larger one or not.  Once I am financially ready, I'll make that decision.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@fenway wrote:

I LOVE my iPad!!!! Is there an Apple Store near you? They offer classes on how to use the ipad. My ipad would Not open one morning, I called their number but was on hold for a long time so I went to the Apple Store at the Mall, It would be a long wait BUT when I told the person taking names what was wrong she called another sales person over and he hooked it up to their ipad and in seconds had it FIXED and I was on my way!! My iPad is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I look at before lights out!!

Me, too regarding the last line in your post, @fenway.  I'm actually embarrassed by that.  This iPad is always next to me in bed or on the nightstand next to the bed.  I have it in the Charge over night.  I have two minis and one regular sized one.  One mini is always in my tote bag for travel.  I keep one next to my computer, too, because the computers is always freezing on me.

I want the iPad Pro but not sure whether to get the larger one or not.  Once I am financially ready, I'll make that decision.

@Mmsfoxxie, you might want to wait until the last quarter of 2017 (maybe sooner) to see if 2nd generation Pros are on the horizon. I bought a 9.7" Pro because the specs for the current Pros are better on the smaller one than the larger one. But I had actually wanted a larger size, because I almost never take my iPad out of the house & don't hold it in my hands. The next gen will probably have equal specs between the two sizes. If they don't they would be really stupid IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip @Moonchilde.  Same here.  I almost never take my 9.7 out of the house.  But I still have to wear my readers with both which is why I think tthe larger one would be better for me.  Waiting will be easy though since my money keeps getting funny.  I want to pay cash. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
New Contributor

They will always be able to get internet. Ours is from 2009ish. It does not take many app updates anymore and no IOS for several years. We just go directly to the websites like Netflix, Youtube... and stream from there. It is still in great shape so we could donate it as long as they want to use it as we do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Good morning! Our daughter wanted a new Ipad for her b-day this year. She had a Ipad2  and she gave it to her cousin she has the pro and loves it. [It is the one with the bigger screen,  and it has the non-glare screen]].

Respected Contributor

You can't go wrong with Apples iPads. I am going to buy a new iPad but not sure if I want the iPad Pro small one or the large one. I have been holding off as we were doing some work in a few rooms in the hous and that was a little costly and we did the work.

I am glad your daughter is enjoying her new iPad. I always pass mine on to one of my children and they are as thrilled as me buying mine. Smiley Happy