Esteemed Contributor

I just got my new iPad (2017)today & I'm beyond thrilled! At first I was a bit intimidated.I've only had android devices so I was a bit overwhelmed.But I called AppleCare & the young lady I spoke to helped me tremendously! She spent over 2 hours on the phone with me.She helped me set up an Apple account,transfer my contacts over from my Google account, download my favorite apps & set up both of my email accounts.                        

I've been playing around with it all evening & I'm hooked.It does take some getting used to but once you get comfortable using it it's great!! 

I love the speed,the sound & the graphics.The level of customer service is off the charts.I spoke to someone who was U.S. based.She was friendly,patient,& extremely helpful!! She's even going to call me back on Wednesday to see how I'm doing!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I got my new iPad today!!

@NicksmomESQ- I'm so glad!

I think you're going to love it.  And their customer service has always been great when I've needed them.

Have fun with your new ipad!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE my iPad!!!! Is there an Apple Store near you? They offer classes on how to use the ipad. My ipad would Not open one morning, I called their number but was on hold for a long time so I went to the Apple Store at the Mall, It would be a long wait BUT when I told the person taking names what was wrong she called another sales person over and he hooked it up to their ipad and in seconds had it FIXED and I was on my way!! My iPad is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing I look at before lights out!!

Valued Contributor

Congrats and enjoy! I use mine all the time..I no longer watch tv on the "tv" anymore...the ipad's screen is better than our tv...

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I have one from 2013 and it works just fine... wonder what the 2017 models have to offer that is so much better?   I can not imagine that is is not better is many capacities... can I ask you what you paid for your model?  I only paid $399.00 for mine in 2013, it was the cheapest model they made and all I really needed for what I use it for. 

Respected Contributor

Someone asked why you would want a new one, I have an older one too and bought the iPad Pro, and there's no comparison. The first thing the pro is much larger and  I thought at first maybe too large but it is amazing how quickly you get used to having the larger size to the point I almost never use the smaller one for just that reason.

Also it processes faster, it's got a much better camera, and some apps fit better on the larger screen.  The pro has great Word and Excel type apps. I now only use my smaller 9 inch iPad for reading books.  

The best way to learn how to use an iPad, is to use the iPad!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry double post.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I  just got the new model yesterday and so far I'm very happy with it.IOS 10 will take a little bit of getting used to, but it's a great value for the price.

I've had the much older ipad 2 since 2011 and used up all the storage (16G) and haven't been able to update it for a couple of years now. None of the apps were compatible with it anymore. It kept crashing while doing the little bit it could still do. I was waiting for Apple to come out with the newer model.

@SeaMaiden, I got the model with 128G and it was $429 - ordered it from Best Buy. They had a promotional offer where I got a $25 gift card with purchase, so I bought a cover with that. The base model with 32G is $329. I decided on the larger amount of storage because I want to ensure that I've got plenty of room for future software updates.

Honored Contributor

Can I ask those who have moved up to a newer iPad.... What do you do with your older one that is not working as well due to not being able to  accept the newer updates??  Do you just recycle it where  you recycle old computers and such or  Donate to Good Will  or who ever?

Respected Contributor

@NigelSparkles wrote:

I  just got the new model yesterday and so far I'm very happy with it.IOS 10 will take a little bit of getting used to, but it's a great value for the price.

I've had the much older ipad 2 since 2011 and used up all the storage (16G) and haven't been able to update it for a couple of years now. None of the apps were compatible with it anymore. It kept crashing while doing the little bit it could still do. I was waiting for Apple to come out with the newer model.

@SeaMaiden, I got the model with 128G and it was $429 - ordered it from Best Buy. They had a promotional offer where I got a $25 gift card with purchase, so I bought a cover with that. The base model with 32G is $329. I decided on the larger amount of storage because I want to ensure that I've got plenty of room for future software updates.

The best thing for you to do is reset your iPad and start over.  It will make your device run like new.  Do a backup to the cloud or computer then reset.  When it's done installing the operating system, you do a restore from a backup.  It's easy and not time consuming.