Esteemed Contributor

I got my first scam call................................. OMG lol.

Just a heads up for everyone... this call was a "robo" call and it told me to call a 900 number. What word I was able to understand was this was about a Apple product. I have no IPAD anymore so I knew this was a scam. And I would know this was a scam anyway, these companies do not call you, Just letting everyone know. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: I got my first scam call................................. OMG lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I get emails every now and then it's time to update  a security package used several years ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

Just a heads up for everyone... this call was a "robo" call and it told me to call a 900 number. What word I was able to understand was this was about a Apple product. I have no IPAD anymore so I knew this was a scam. And I would know this was a scam anyway, these companies do not call you, Just letting everyone know. Woman Wink

This is why I got rid of my land line.  I also tell my mom to never ever answer the phone until you hear a friend, or doctor, or family member on the answering machine. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

This is why I got rid of my land line.  I also tell my mom to never ever answer the phone until you hear a friend, or doctor, or family member on the answering machine. 

That is some good advice.... I can not believe some of the posts I read on these boards how many people fall for this garbage.Woman Surprised.

Respected Contributor

I get the occasional odd call on my cell.  I never answer and block the number.  Some of them might be scams.

I only check landline voicemails once a week or so, so scammers aren’t getting any hits with me.

Family and friends know to call my cell.

Esteemed Contributor

Husband has been getting scam calls since he's close to applying for Medicare. I rec'd a scam call from old security system - we moved and closed it down. If anyone leaves a message we listen and delete. Otherwise, delete every trace of it. Never answer calls we don't recognize. Evil folks work hard at finding sneaky ways to scam.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly...I received three calls within fifteen minutes and the caller ID said Apple.  I did not pick up...don't answer calls I do not recognize AND I own nothing from the Apple stores. 

Other weird thing...the message was only in half sentences.  So even if I owned Apple items, I still would not understand why I have to call them!!  Really, what idiots....

Honored Contributor

If I don't know who's calling, I don't answer.   Period.

And I'll block the number.

I don't need any advice on how to use my phone

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Husband has been getting scam calls since he's close to applying for Medicare. I rec'd a scam call from old security system - we moved and closed it down. If anyone leaves a message we listen and delete. Otherwise, delete every trace of it. Never answer calls we don't recognize. Evil folks work hard at finding sneaky ways to scam.

My DH just went on Medicare this month.  We have been getting Medicare insurance calls since August and they still have not stopped.  I block about 8 calls a day, but there is no shortage of these type of calls.  I wouldn’t call  them scam calls, but they are annoying.

Our mail box is full of Medicare insurance info too.

My guess is by the time they stop calling for him, they will start calling for me.  I have about 18 months to go before I am eligible for Medicare and State Farm has already been sending me Medicare Supplemental info.

No wonder people get so fed up and confused.  

Esteemed Contributor

We get scammy/robo calls on our landline and cell phones.