Honored Contributor

I bought my Laptop at HSN

[ Edited ]

They had the best deal for me.  8GB, 1 year Office and 5 years Tech Assistance.  5 easy pays.  I read on the Internet that HP performed higher in almost every category (except 1) compared to Dell.  I own a Dell now and it is almost dead and I have not owned it for very long, say 3 years.  What is especially nice is the easy pay.  I did compare prices with Best Buy and QVC.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: I bought my Laptop at HSN

8GB of what?  That is not much HD space and/or RAM now-a-days. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  Like I said, it is a good deal for me.  If I wanted to spend big money, I would go with Apple but I don't need it.  I never store anything on it.  It's 8GM RAM.  I am the only person using the computer.  My cat has not learned how to type yet. lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

8GB is what I have on my HP AIO. I think that's plenty these days. Mine also has 1T of storage.

8GB for a tablet is not much but for a PC it's plenty enough because that's the storage on the hard drive which tablets don't have...tablets rely on their stored memory mostly on cards, not drives.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! And eight gigs of RAM is perfectly fine for most users. It's what I built into my desktop rebuild a couple of years ago. You only need more if you're into hardcore gaming or doing serious video editing. Most people doing either would do so from a desktop anyway, so eight gigs of RAM is fine for a laptop. You can eke by with four gigs of RAM, but eight is better. Microsoft has pretty much settled into the Windows 10 ecosystem so the OS won't change in a major way which means eight gigs of RAM will be more than adequate for most users unless or until a new OS comes along. And Microsoft is insisting there won't be a whole new one, just incremental improvements to Windows 10. Have fun with your new toy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

8GB's would not last me a half hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Hate to bust your bubble but, the specs that you mentioned sounds like it belongs to a older device. Which is not surprising since that is what they want to sell.I would never order any device from a shopping channel.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

8GB's would not last me a half hour.

I typically have eight browser windows open, Facebook up, whatever novel I'm writing up in Word, and sometimes more stuff open, and my max RAM usage is typically around six gigs of RAM. Unless you're doing hardcore gaming or video editing eight gigs of RAM is more than adequate. You might be confusing RAM and hard drive size. They're two different things. Eight gigs of RAM is perfectly adequate for the vast majority of users.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@apple1964  You might be busting your own bubble.  I am very satisfied with my purchase.  Great reviews and also has Touch feature.  I don't have a $1,000 for a computer.  When you purchase from stores, you don't see reviews.  Everyone buys what is good for them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@apple1964  You might be busting your own bubble.  I am very satisfied with my purchase.  Great reviews and also has Touch feature.  I don't have a $1,000 for a computer.  When you purchase from stores, you don't see reviews.  Everyone buys what is good for them.

Exactly @Katcat1 . For me spending  a lot of money on something that will become obsolete in just a few years is a total waste. I buy electronics that are affordable and suit my needs as they are now...and I don't have to break the bank doing that.Woman Happy