Honored Contributor

I am embarrassed to ask this LG phone question, but here goes

I recently had a problem with Tracphone, now here's a separate problem with the LG phone on this account.  How do you answer the darn thing?  It rings, I swipe the phone icon, I swipe any icon like it says, then I tap on the icons.  Then I beat on the phone and say nasty words.  It won't answer.  What I do then is call back the person.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: I am embarrassed to ask this LG phone question, but here goes

[ Edited ]

Swiping it is all you do - simply swipe, put your phone to your ear and speak.  Don't tap anything.  

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I recently had a problem with Tracphone, now here's a separate problem with the LG phone on this account.  How do you answer the darn thing?  It rings, I swipe the phone icon, I swipe any icon like it says, then I tap on the icons.  Then I beat on the phone and say nasty words.  It won't answer.  What I do then is call back the person.  

I had an LG tracfone and it drove me crazy.  I simply swiped the green icon to answer calls but it just didn’t work.  After numerous attempts, and yes, a few nasty words too...It would finally work...I seriously wanted to hit it with a hammer!  Fortunately it was just a back up phone... so I gave it to my daughter.  I swear by the Samsung brand.  I have had mine for a few years.  Very user friendly. I have purchased 2 of them thru HSN when they have their promotions.  

Valued Contributor

I don't know if you have the same phone, but all of a sudden I couldn't answer my LG phone by tapping or swiping.  I must have inadvertantly changed something.  Do you have a button at the bottom on the front of your phone that brings you back to your main screen?  Now, I press that when the phone rings and answer it that way.  I still can't swipe and answer, but its so much more convenient to press that button.  I hope that helps!

Respected Contributor

@depglass a lot of people don't like swiping to answer calls. I don't, and find it awkward.

I've changed that setting in every LG I've owned, so I simply long press to answer or ignore calls. In my current model (Stylo 4), here's how it's accessed: Settings>Accessibility>Motor & Cognition...then choose "Touch and Hold for Calls."

What worries you masters you.
Contributor

@Moonlady thank you for sharing the steps to change how to answer the phone!!  I have gotten better at swiping the phone icon, but hate it.  Your tip worked for me.   I love my LG except for this and now this is no problem!  

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

i have a lg premier...i 

i followed your instructions...but i don't have ..hold for calls...listed.

have following listed..

touch feed back time

touch assistant

screen time out

or

cognition....

touch contol areas

limit touch control to selected areas of the screen...but this doesn't mention phone calls

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Long press is working.  DH and I experimented this morning and after about five calls figured out if you hold the phone icon down long enough, several rings, a circle will come up that says "swipe beyond circle."   Then I do a big swipe and voila, the darn thing works.  Too bad they didn't mention this when they were promoting the phone.  I guess they assume there are no cellphone virgins left.  It seems all my friends have I Phones, consequently they have been no help for the year and a half I have owned this phone.  So if you have supportive, knowledgeable friends and family, I'd say you are safe with a Tracphone.  If not and you are a new user I'd purchase  from a local store.  This phone has to be at the bottom of the list of all the hundreds of items I've bought from QVC since 1996. 

Respected Contributor

I really dont like the way LG phones "answer" either..that is why I opted for Samsung for my most recent Tracfone- No cell phone is exactly what i want, LOL!

But  that is really not QVC's fault....

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

What Samsung tracfone do you have now??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."