Honored Contributor

I Have Another Question!

[ Edited ]

I need to get another email address...currently I have a gmail for our business and I also use it for personal.  I need to keep the current address for my customers and I must set up another for personal and I also want that to be gmail.com

Yes, I did google how to do it and it seemed clear--...but how do I access the 2nd account...currently on my MacBook Air I have a 'NEWS and NOTABLE tab that I click on and I can access the account.  Getting to the 2nd one has be stumped...probably an easy answer but I have no one to ask locally!

Also when I started to set up the 2nd address, it asked me for my current address so  quit, I don't want to override my current address.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: I Have Another Question!

[ Edited ]

I don't use the mail app on my mac. I just log into my email servers webpage or read on my phone. On mac you can have multiple email addresses sent to the mail app. Just like you can on iphone and ipad. 

As far as opening a new email address account, on gmail just log out of your account and when you're on the log in page there should be a place to create a new account. Admittedly I haven't opened a new gmail account in ages. 

ETA my husband has two gmail accounts and he just logs out of the current one and into the new one as needed, but he uses a windows machine and does not use Outlook, 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have 2 gmail email addresses.

I can't tell you exactly how I did it but it must be easy if I did it.

I only use one of them as my default on my phone.

Not sure entirely how that would work with 2 addresses

@Mom2Dogs

Honored Contributor

I have read a lot about having 2 gmail accounts and from what I understand it can create a problem logging in and it also tries to combine all your contacts....I do not want that, I need the two accounts to be totally separate from each other. 

We are in the beginning stages of selling our business, fingers crossed, and they want my email customers to be able to use the original email address I set up years ago for the business and I am fine with that but I need a new account for me after the sale is complete.

If I decide not to go the gmail route what site would I use for my new personal address? 

again, thanks

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs Is a free email address (or addresses) included by your ISP? That's what I use as my primary email. 

Honored Contributor

@juperier....That is an option, currently Time warner is our internet provider.

The reason I liked gmail is because if I changed internet providers my address would not have to change, it was helpful because of the business.

Yahoo, outlook, etc would be more permanent but not sure of how safe they are....this is new territority for me, thanks.

Honored Contributor

@software...from what I have been reading, google want to combine all accounts and people are having difficulty keeping the accounts straight without jumping thru hoops.

I need a total different address so once we sell my personal email does not co mingle with the business email.

Honored Contributor

I have an icloud e-mail address.  I've had this for several years and am happy with it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have 5 email addresses and have no problem keeping them straight.

I would NEVER have just 1 email address!  

I have one for businesses that have my Credit Card on file only!  No spam on that account.

I have one I use for special friends.  The other 2 are just Verizon and Hotmail.  Get lots of spam on these.  When I get a "notice" on the extra accounts from a business....I know it is spam.  The business does not know I have that address!  It is not the one they have on file.

Free Email addresses are offered all over the net.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills....having just one email address works for me until now...once we sell our business that address goes with the new owner for ease of customer use. 

I will need a new address for me/personal.  I know there are a lot of free address on the net but I am sure some are better than others, that is why I asked.