Respected Contributor

I Enabled "Dark Mode" On My LG Stylo 4, And Love It. Has Anyone Else Done This, And Do You Like It?

As I've mentioned before, and it's only my personal preference, I really dislike light colors, and the white in particular. But the Dark Mode really makes things "pop." And it doesn't do funky things with the photo gallery that "Color Inversion" did. I love the sleek, black background, and the visual effect it gives (some screens don't change), especially with the orange accent color.

An added bonus (for me) is that it changes the keyboard from white to black/charcoal--and it does that *whenever* you use the keyboard, whether texting, going online, creating memos, etc.

And speaking of memos, I use that a lot for reminders, grocery lists, etc., and assign various colors to each. Somehow the colors seem bolder with the black background.

Many phones have jettisoned their stock themes in favor of users downloading apps. (I was carping here a while ago, for example, about the lack of text theme options, though the Stylo 4 does have a little over 30 colors/shades which can be assigned to contacts, and that adds nice colors to conversations.) But I really like the black.

FYI, here's how to enable it on the Stylo 4: Settings>Accessibility>Vision>High Contrast Screen (enable).

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Enabled "Dark Mode" On My LG Stylo 4, And Love It. Has Anyone Else Done This, And Do

For those of you who have never fully explored your phone's settings, not only does the device have an extensive variety of setting choices, but many of the individual apps also have additional settings to help you modify your ease of use, security, etc.

What makes a smartphone "smart"?

Unlike phones of the past, a smartphone can be modified to supply the support and apps that are unique to your needs, and you can easily change that whenever/however you want with a few taps of a finger.

QVC Customer Care

Re: I Enabled "Dark Mode" On My LG Stylo 4, And Love It. Has Anyone Else Done This, And Do

This post has been removed by QVC because it is discourteous to other posters

Honored Contributor

I'm a wimp with my smart phone.  Other than changing the ring tone, I haven't changed much!  I'm not much of a techie, so I'm afraid i'll mes things up!!!!Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

@stevieb So 🤔 fully using a phone's *features* to make using it more comfortable or appealing is "obsessing"...unless they're the changes *you've* chosen to make. I see. The things you learn on the QVC forum!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:
@steviebSo 🤔 fully using a phone's *features* to make using it more comfortable or appealing is "obsessing"...unless they're the changes *you've* chosen to make. I see. The things you learn on the QVC forum!

@Moonlady  Yes, I change the basic settings to make the phone more user friendly. i don't worry too much about color schemes, wall papers, ring tones or downloading and then customizing every conceivable app, and such... As I said, each to their own... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb, we're not "worrying" about any of those things, either. Any more than you were "worrying" about the settings you chose to change.

You can say "each to their own" until Abe wakes up, but it sure doesn't sound as if you believe it. We try to help each other here. If the subject matter doesn't interest you, bypass the thread; few things in life are that simple.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady  Perhaps, as was suggested by the moderator, my earlier comments lacked 'courtesy' and hence were deleted. Having no investment in perpetuating disgruntlement, I believe the discussion has reached a natural stopping point. Have a nice evening...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...