Respected Contributor

Re: Husbands one year SMART tracfone is due to expire so?

@sueinsf wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@cowboy sam , learn something new every day.  I'm one of the posters who wrote about adding texts and the 365 days for around $55 plus tax.  I had no idea you could then go back and delete the text order thereby only ordering a year's worth of service for $50.  Thank you for sharing that!

For a few years, I did exactly that @Ainhisg - I'd add in any cheap service to my cart, the additional option to add a year for $49.99 would pop up and I'd delete the original and just get the one year add on service.  But when I tried this last month, whenever I deleted the first purchase, it wouldn't allow me to purchase just the one year add on, so I went ahead and took the $5 for 1000 texts because it was cheapest and cost me $55 plus tax. 

I've considered purchasing a cheap phone (HSN had one for $50 not long ago) and trying to transfer the additional time and minutes to my current phone (as @kittykatkay suggested I believe) but was always too afraid something might get screwed up!  Eventually I'll need a new phone but for now, I'm fine with the one I have (and I still have plenty of talk and text minutes to last me a few years which is why I just do the one year extension).

@sueinsf...I promise you will not loose any of what you already have on your present phone..  As I stated above...it was easy peasy.  I purchased that phone here shown above for $65....I got it for $60...but still a good deal) and when I received ..it....activated it and got a new number.. then I immediately.called Tracphone and they transferred the one year service, 1500 minutes,,,1500 texts, data to my current phone which I love and want to keep (LG Stylo 4).  Everything transferred beautifully and I lost nothing on my present phone.  I just gained the other on it, which IMO, is the best way to go, especially if you can find a phone for the price they have here at the Q. Let us know what you decide to do.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf thanks for posting that this trick no longer works.  A year's service and more texts for $55 is still a good deal!  

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay if you're porting the service from the new phone with the new number, won't the new number port to your current phone, too?  No?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Tracphone from QVC while back with triple minutes, texts, etc.. They roll over every year and I have sooo many minutes to use  ( I don't text)....I hardly use it except for like emergencies ...I get the Year $100 Plan and renew thru their website...very easy...I just dont want to have to worry about getting minutes monthly or running out at any time, etc so I just get a year and renew once a year...Just easier for me

Respected Contributor

@sammybs wrote:

I have a Tracfone from QVC and I buy a new Tracfone every year (like an upgrade).  

This is what I do. When my year of service on my current phone is close to coming to an end, I check QVC or HSN for a new Tracfone offer (always when it's a Special Value giving 1500 minutes or whatever is available at the time) that would be good for another year. When I get the new Tracfone, I then call Tracfone and have them transfer my current phone number and all my accumulated minutes/data/text to my new phone. This is on top of all the minutes/data/text that come with the new phone. I check with Tracphone to check my current balance of minutes/text/data before I roll it over so that I know how much minutes/data/text I should have when Tracfone sets up my new phone with my old phone number and rolls over my balance of minutes/data/text plus the 1500 that comes with the new phone.

Did someone tell you that you have to buy Tracfone cards every three months? For me, I only buy additional minutes/data/text when I need to. I don't use my phone all that much so I have also accumulated a lot of minutes/data/text, and don't have to buy new cards every three months. I haven't had to buy a card with additional minutes/date/text for years because I get the new phone before I run out of minutes/data/text.

A year card with 400 minutes for $100 seems steep and I don't believe that's what you need to do. Happy shopping.

I buy a new phone every year also rather than buying more minutes. I just got the last LG that QVC had for $59 and going to roll over minutes from my old one. I've got thousands of miniutes since I don't really use it - just to text my daughter and a few friends.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@kittykatkay if you're porting the service from the new phone with the new number, won't the new number port to your current phone, too?  No?

@Ainhisg .....no it doesn't port to my current phone because after I activated the new phone and it showed a new number, then I immediately called tracfone and told the rep I wanted to keep my current phone along with my current phone number but wanted to transfer the 1 year service, 1500 minutes, texts, data from the new phone to my old phone.  The rep said no problem....and she did it for me.  I just like my older phone (LG Stylo 4) better and wanted to keep it rather than the new phone.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

SO sorry  I didn't get back to you- I rarely sign in to tell the truth- only to ask questions when I can't find answwers anywhere else- ANYHOW--- I bought the 1 year and got the extra texts  (when checking out) - Total cost  $55!  HOWEVER- NOW MY HUSBAND LIKES HIS SMART TRACFONE SO MUCH- HE'S BEEN TEXTING LIKE CRAZY TO OUR KIDS (WHO LIVE OUT OF STATE)- BUT HE DOES IT AT HOME- (DOES THAT MATTER IF IT'S AT HOME USING OUR INTERNET? I DON'T KNOW AND IF HE WAS TO USE THEM  ALL UP THEN I DON'T KNOW IF THEY'LL TRIPLE EVERYTHING WHICH I WAS FIRST WORRIED ABOUT. ALSO ----- IF I WAS TO BUY A CARD JUST FOR TEXTS-  WOULD I BUY A REGULAR "WHITE" CARD IE FOR $20 TO ADD THE TRIPLE ON-  SERIOUSLY CONFUSING HERE- WHO SAID THESE ARE SMART PHONES ANYHOW? i GUESS THEY ARE- BUT I'M NOT!!! And heaven forbid Tracfone will get wise and delete that deal- I mean- really- I could just buy that deal and get years of service until they go to some other G  ya know? LOL!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

@sipp 

Please start  a new thread so someone can help you. 

Honored Contributor

I keep running out of minutes for talk,but too many text data,i don't do much texting.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@cowboy sam , learn something new every day.  I'm one of the posters who wrote about adding texts and the 365 days for around $55 plus tax.  I had no idea you could then go back and delete the text order thereby only ordering a year's worth of service for $50.  Thank you for sharing that!

Shoot I just read this and tried it and it did work but I just bought the Galazy A21 Weekend deal from QVC since my year is up next month.

I have a J7 Crown and I liked the battery life of the A21 and the camera, I wonder if I should cancel my order now....