Respected Contributor

Re: Husbands one year SMART tracfone is due to expire so?

@Marp 

I think the $49 option is gone. I couldn't find it last week on the Tracfone website after adding an airtime card to my cart. 
I'm going to try it again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deeva, it was there when I posted earlier.  The offer doesn't appear until you are in the checkout process.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

nope- not buying a new one- bad enough setting up the other one since my husband after years has just managed to learn to text-- I can't be bothered and he's used to this one- so thanks anyhow

Valued Contributor

WHAT????? WOW! THANKS SO MUCH! DIDN'T WANT A "PLAN" THAT HAD TO BE PAID EVERY MONTH- AND THEY KEPT PUSHING IT- BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH for this (yeah- I'm "yelling" cause I'm excited with this information and the instructions- THANK YOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't spend much time searching the Tracfone website, but when have, I have not seen. "HEY!  Buy your 1 year extension right here for $49". What I have seen has always been 3 figures, starting with $100.

Maybe Tracfone should let their present customers know about this $49 deal. The few times I've checked their site I sure haven't seen it.  

Not sure what @sipp decided with her many THANK YOU'S, but if she's happy, I'm happy.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

SO His phone was new almost a year ago- and it was from a triple non-smart phone to a Smart phone (1 year, talk text data- deal) So as first timers (mine will also need 'time:" in a few months- also a ( non- smart triple phone) to Smart phone (different model- Frankly I am not thrilled with smartphones-because we just don't use them all that much-  but  our "non" smarts were supposed to be phased out so figured we should jump on the wagon- Don't need 90% of the apps but oh well- gotta deal- Anyhow now I'm wondering if the triple deal will even be honored (even though I keep reading they will so now I'm second guessing if this will work with the instructions given. I don't trust that triple will apply- would be nice if they do if I need them eventually- right  now- we don't- so mostly just need to keep it active for another year- Just had some surgery- so will deal with this in a few days when i feel up to it- thankyou everyone - I'll check in 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut @deeva   See my earlier post with screenshots of how to add 365 days for $49.99.  Besides the screenshots, I have written the instructions.  The 365-day deal appears on the second page after first selection of either texts ($5) or minutes ($10).  You have to select one of those in order to be able to add 365 days.  The cheapest option is $55 plus tax, which is 1000 texts plus the 365 days, but you could add minutes instead for an addtional $5.

@sipp if you both have smartphones, triple minutes is a thing of the past, but don't let that fool you.  The price of 1500 minutes/data/texts for a smartphone is about the same price.  And if you don't want new phones, adding texts/or minutes plus the 365 days online is the way to go for the cheapest cost.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

I have done the same thing  as advised here  in the past..i first added text min...  for example then went to pay and offer popped up for 1years service minutes ..added it to order then deleted the texts order and paid $49.00 plus tax  for a tad over $50.00 

Plan on doing same thing in 2 couple of months by using same advice as was given here.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam , learn something new every day.  I'm one of the posters who wrote about adding texts and the 365 days for around $55 plus tax.  I had no idea you could then go back and delete the text order thereby only ordering a year's worth of service for $50.  Thank you for sharing that!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I found that I can just get the $5 then 1 year options upon checkout- BUT My Husband (and I ) have the triple minute phones that grandfathered in - If I check out-- will this void when I buy data etc if I ever need it? It took many tries to get to the check-out page btw-- I still haven't finalized because I'm not sure about voiding my triple - I realize they're not going to give me 3 years- but what about the texts etc?  I might eventurally need texts and data- so will this be voided by taking advantage of this plan?