Regular Contributor

Looking for a hp 15 in laptop that does not have a touch screen.  I want a simple laptop as I do not need a lot of stuff I will never use.  Anyone know where I can order one?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

Looking for a hp 15 in laptop that does not have a touch screen.  I want a simple laptop as I do not need a lot of stuff I will never use.  Anyone know where I can order one?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

@sallyann38  I can’t really offer any help, but will say you can’t go wrong with an HP. Have you tried HP’s website or Best Buy?

Esteemed Contributor
I always buy my computers direct from HP or Dell. You should be able to find a, laptop at HP. The sales department will help you with a purchase.
Respected Contributor

@sallyann38   I think they all have touch screens now, but you don't have to use that feature.  I bought a new 15" HP 1-1/2 years ago.  It has touch screen, but I still use the mouse and keyboard just like my old laptop.  To me, touch screen makes no sense on a laptop.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

FWIW, I get mine at Walmart...basic with no touch screen.

Honored Contributor

I know a lot of people don’t like buying a laptop from QVC or HSN, but is it really so terrible? I’m not a techie so for someone like me it is helpful to have the vendor explain the features and how to use them.

Respected Contributor

@sallyann38Have you tried the HP website?  If not, might be a place to start.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I know a lot of people don’t like buying a laptop from QVC or HSN, but is it really so terrible? I’m not a techie so for someone like me it is helpful to have the vendor explain the features and how to use them.

Shopping channels charge more for older devices and there is a lot of bloatware that you will never need or use. I usually buy my computers from the source. We have become a Chrome book house and just love them. I can say the last Laptop windows computer I had was a few years ago which was a HP without a touch screen in white very basic nice 15 .6 inch laptop. I am sure there are newer ones now. I would stick with HP they make very good devices and there CS I have found are very nice to deal with. Happy shopping always exciting to get a new computer!

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@sallyann38   I think they all have touch screens now, but you don't have to use that feature.  I bought a new 15" HP 1-1/2 years ago.  It has touch screen, but I still use the mouse and keyboard just like my old laptop.  To me, touch screen makes no sense on a laptop.

You thought wrong... not all Chromebooks and Laptops have the touch screen feature. I know because I did some shopping. There is a slight cost for the touch screen option.  I never use it either on any of my devices, except my phone of course.Woman Wink

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What about the HP website?