Honored Contributor

How to unset the alarm in those Emerson clocks QVC sold over 10 years ago?

I have had one of these by my TV forever.  I need to see the time to see how the plot is going, its an absolute compulsion so I can't unplug the clock.  Anyway, DH was messing with something in that area and now the number 2 alarm rings at 8 AM every morning.  I've never used the alarm and don't have the directions anymore.  Please help ! ! !

Honored Contributor

Re: How to unset the alarm in those Emerson clocks QVC sold over 10 years ago?

[ Edited ]

There isn't a simple button that you press?  Or something like that?  I don't have that one, but the clock-radio I do have has a button and you push it once to set it, then again to unset it.

Maybe, if you had the model number, you could google the instructions or even get them on the Emerson website.  Most things are online now.

Here's a link to the Emerson site.  If you scroll down, you'll see where it shows "Manuals".

Emerson

Valued Contributor

@depglassAs you look at the front of the clock, there are 3 buttons on the left side. Actually they are slide switches. The top one is Alarm 1. the next one down is Alarm 2 and the bottom one is the dimmer switch for the display. Slide the switch down 2 clicks for which ever alarm is going off. That should shut off your alarm. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks !  I've never noticed those buttons on either side before.   I did figure out I could compensate for the daylight savings time switches by changing to a different time zone.  The battery on this particular clock has lasted well over 10 years and holds the time in power failures.