Esteemed Contributor

How to get DVR to stream from TV to Kindle.

I would like to watch some of the stuff I have on my Comcast DV R on my Kindle and know if can be done, but don,t know how.  I could call Ckmcasf, but oh know how long that takes.  Thanks if anyone can help me.  ALso does it cost extra?  

Super Contributor

Re: How to get DVR to stream from TV to Kindle.

@qvcaddition wrote:

I would like to watch some of the stuff I have on my Comcast DV R on my Kindle and know if can be done, but don,t know how.  I could call Ckmcasf, but oh know how long that takes.  Thanks if anyone can help me.  ALso does it cost extra?  

Back when I had cable, downloaded the Xfinity app for Kindle and streamed through it. You can also just stream online: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

Esteemed Contributor

Do you really mean "stream to your Kindle"?  I think you mean "stream to your Fire'.  In either case, why not call Amazon Help and ask them to walk you through it.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Do you really mean "stream to your Kindle"?  I think you mean "stream to your Fire'.  In either case, why not call Amazon Help and ask them to walk you through it.

When the Fire Tablets were new, they were called Kindle Fire Tablets and lot of people were just calling them all Kindles. Now the black and white ereaders are called Kindles and the tablets with the colored screens are called Fires, but the damage was done. Amazon did not realize how confusing they made things when they released the tablets as Kindle Fires and they tried to make the change, but it was too late and there's still confusion. At least most people don't remember the Fire Phone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HeatherAG wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Back when I had cable, downloaded the Xfinity app for Kindle and streamed through it. You can also just stream online: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

Yes, you usually need the proprietary app for that. I have a TiVo and need to do it through the app.  It should not cost extra - you've already paid for the content and service via your cable bill, @qvcaddition.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland 

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@HeatherAG wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Yes, you usually need the proprietary app for that. I have a TiVo and need to do it through the app.  It should not cost extra - you've already paid for the content and service via your cable bill, @qvcaddition.

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand this conversation.  I would love to be able to watch on my iPad the programs I have recorded on my DVR.  Are you all saying this is possible?

I have the Spectrum app on iPad that provides for live streaming and for On Demand watching. It also lists the programs I have recorded on the DVR, but there isn't a way to watch them that I can figure out.

Maybe this business varies by cable company, but @qvcaddition , I'd love to know what you find out.